Unable to use PayPal

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Post Reply
Paul44070
Posts: 12
Joined: 31 May 2009, 17:36
Location: USA

Unable to use PayPal

Post by Paul44070 » 31 May 2009, 17:50

I've tried several times to use the PayPal method of registering for TrashMail Plus, and each time PayPal says that it failed.
I'm taken to a PayPal login page, which shows the email address that I use with them, but entering my password there doesn't work.

I can log in directly at PayPal's site, or when I get the message from PayPal that the transaction failed, I can use a "Login" link on that page to login to my account.

I'm wondering if your "Real email address" has to match the email address that I use with PayPal, when trying to register for the service.
I use my ISP provided address at PayPal, but an address at Yahoo.com for just about everything else - including my "real email address" with Trashmail.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1243
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 08:55
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Unable to use PayPal

Post by Admin » 01 Jun 2009, 12:37

Paul44070 wrote:I've tried several times to use the PayPal method of registering for TrashMail Plus, and each time PayPal says that it failed.
I'm taken to a PayPal login page, which shows the email address that I use with them, but entering my password there doesn't work.

I can log in directly at PayPal's site, or when I get the message from PayPal that the transaction failed, I can use a "Login" link on that page to login to my account.

I'm wondering if your "Real email address" has to match the email address that I use with PayPal, when trying to register for the service.
I use my ISP provided address at PayPal, but an address at Yahoo.com for just about everything else - including my "real email address" with Trashmail.
Hello,
the real email address has not to match with the Paypal-email-address.
Unfortunately I have no control about the payment process at Paypal. If Paypal refuses your login/password I can't do anything for this.
In which Country do you live? If you live in Germany you can try to pay via phone call with Infin.

Best regards,
admin
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Paul44070
Posts: 12
Joined: 31 May 2009, 17:36
Location: USA

Re: Unable to use PayPal

Post by Paul44070 » 01 Jun 2009, 16:39

Admin wrote:In which Country do you live? If you live in Germany you can try to pay via phone call with Infin.
The United States. I'll try again today. Maybe yesterday was a bad day!

[Edit]Well I tried it again and had no better luck than before. I did notice that the login screen I get when I go directly to the PayPal site looks different than the screen that I get when I try to register from your site - different colors, at least.

I use one of PayPal's Security Keys, to generate a random 6 digit temporary security code in addition to my normal 8 digit password. Otherwise, I'd be a little concerned about the safety of my login information at this point.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1243
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 08:55
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Unable to use PayPal

Post by Admin » 01 Jun 2009, 22:51

Paul44070 wrote:
Admin wrote:In which Country do you live? If you live in Germany you can try to pay via phone call with Infin.
The United States. I'll try again today. Maybe yesterday was a bad day!

[Edit]Well I tried it again and had no better luck than before. I did notice that the login screen I get when I go directly to the PayPal site looks different than the screen that I get when I try to register from your site - different colors, at least.

I use one of PayPal's Security Keys, to generate a random 6 digit temporary security code in addition to my normal 8 digit password. Otherwise, I'd be a little concerned about the safety of my login information at this point.
Hmmm I hope you don't have a phising trojan virus on your computer. Please do the following steps:
1. Install Mozilla Firefox (www.mozilla.com)
2. Install the Add-On ShowIP for Mozilla Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/590

Then retry the payment process: Once the Paypal screen opens and asks you for the password, write down the IP address of the website which will be printed on the screen at the bottom at right. It would have a look like 1.2.3.4.
Then please post this IP address here in the forum. I will then check if this IP address belongs to Paypal and not to a phising website.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Paul44070
Posts: 12
Joined: 31 May 2009, 17:36
Location: USA

Re: Unable to use PayPal

Post by Paul44070 » 01 Jun 2009, 23:37

I already have ShowIP:
64.4.241.33 is listed as PAYPAL, San Jose, CA
Naturally, the yellow login window that I was seeing at PayPal is different now, and the light blue/gray matches the color that I see when logging in directly to PayPal.
The results were the same though. I with tried Firefox (my default) and also Internet Explorer 7.
(3) screen captures follow:

SCREEN #1: Looks OK. (This screen capture was made prior to entering my additional security key info)
Image

SCREEN #2: The transaction failed. Clicked on the "Log in" link, at the top of the page.
Image

SCREEN #3: The "Log in" link at the top of the screen worked, to access PayPal.
Image

At this point, I've pretty much given up.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1243
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 08:55
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Unable to use PayPal

Post by Admin » 02 Jun 2009, 11:22

Type in the Email and Password fields your Paypal Login (should be an email address) and Paypal Password.
If this fails, then there is a problem with your Paypal account. Then please contact the Paypal support. I think you will not be able to pay on other Paypal web shops with this problem.
Attachments
xcmcex2.JPG
xcmcex2.JPG (48.78 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Paul44070
Posts: 12
Joined: 31 May 2009, 17:36
Location: USA

Re: Unable to use PayPal

Post by Paul44070 » 02 Jun 2009, 13:09

Thanks for trying. I typed in the email address, even though the address that was automatically filled-in was correct.
Then I entered the password and security key info, and had the same failure.
I may just wait, to try a transaction at another PayPal merchant, before contacting PayPal - since I can successfully log in to my account directly.
This is the first time I've had a consistent problem with using PayPal, and I've been using it for years.

Paul44070
Posts: 12
Joined: 31 May 2009, 17:36
Location: USA

Re: Unable to use PayPal

Post by Paul44070 » 06 Oct 2009, 11:38

I hope that someone can answer your question, but it doesn't have anything to do with the problem I reported.
Have you logged into your account at PayPal, and searched their help menus?
--
I wasn't going to bump this thread, just to report that I did eventually use PayPal to subscribe to Trashmail, but since it's been bumped anyway ...
I believe that it was caused by my use of the Firefox extension "RefControl".
After I configured that extension to allow PayPal to receive information, about which Internet site referred me to the PayPal site, I was able to complete the transaction.
I had RefControl set to block referrer information as default, but I added "www.paypal.com" to my small list of sites that get the "<normal>" referrer information, and the transaction went fine.
Paul

Post Reply