Unable to send emails

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Post Reply
google
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 17:59

Unable to send emails

Post by google » 04 May 2011, 14:44

I can receive emails but I noticed that when I respond those emails are not going out. I have tried doing a few tests on my own with the same result. Also when I click reply I noticed it does put the trashmail stuff in front of the TO: email address like it used to before?

ISP: comcast
Email client: thunderbird
browser: firefox
OS: windows xp

any suggestions?

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1243
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 08:55
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Unable to send emails

Post by Admin » 06 May 2011, 09:34

google wrote:I can receive emails but I noticed that when I respond those emails are not going out. I have tried doing a few tests on my own with the same result. Also when I click reply I noticed it does put the trashmail stuff in front of the TO: email address like it used to before?

ISP: comcast
Email client: thunderbird
browser: firefox
OS: windows xp

any suggestions?
Yes, the *.reply.* addresses masks your real email address automatically by going through the Trashmail.net server.
Did you tried the test with a gmail account? Gmail has an anti-loop function to prevent to send emails to itself.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

google
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 17:59

Re: Unable to send emails

Post by google » 09 May 2011, 15:14

so I was able to get thunderbird to send email now however when customers reply back to my reply then they either get an invalid email error or I never receive the reply.

any idea how to fix? also what happens if they have a gmail account?

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1243
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 08:55
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Unable to send emails

Post by Admin » 13 May 2011, 14:32

google wrote:so I was able to get thunderbird to send email now however when customers reply back to my reply then they either get an invalid email error or I never receive the reply.

any idea how to fix? also what happens if they have a gmail account?
The reply mask address *.reply.* should be available only for 7 days. I'm not sure which error he received exactly? 550 that user does not exists?
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

google
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 17:59

Re: Unable to send emails

Post by google » 13 May 2011, 14:53

I'm sorry I do not understand your response. can you clarify what you are saying?

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1243
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 08:55
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Unable to send emails

Post by Admin » 24 May 2011, 09:25

google wrote:I'm sorry I do not understand your response. can you clarify what you are saying?
When you receive an email over @trashmail.net, there is written in the Reply-To header entry a special address which is like *.reply.*@trashmail.net.
When you answer directly to this address, TrashMail hides your real email address and forward the message to the sender.
After 7 days this reply-addresses expires.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

google
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 17:59

Re: Unable to send emails

Post by google » 25 May 2011, 15:42

I was able to get email to send by playing with the port settings.....however I have noticed in the email exchanges back n forth that after 1-2 replies the sender is getting the following message:


Re: (subject contains non authorized characters)

this email address xxxxx@trashmail.net requires manual confirmation.
Please confirm your sent email by going on the following URL address:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you know why this occurs and how I can remove it? Sometimes I have email exchanges that go back n forth a few times and I don't want my customers to see the message above.

thank you

google
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 17:59

Re: Unable to send emails

Post by google » 07 Jun 2011, 16:09

another message sender receives is:

(subject contains non authorized characters)

Sorry,

your email message to $USER@$DOMAIN has not been accepted
because your email address is not in the whitelist of this user.

For more information: Please visit http://www.trashmail.net/


how do I fix??

Post Reply