Trashmail address creation failing

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

drglitch

Trashmail address creation failing

Post by drglitch » 22 Jan 2007, 10:49

When attempting to create an address with an automatically generated random name (e.g. lvexfyba) from the http://www.trashmail.net page the following error occurs:

SQL error: INSERT INTO trashmail.user VALUES('', 'lvexfyba', '', '/bin/false', '!', 'A', '65534', '100', '/home/trashmail/lvexfyba', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0')
Error msg: Duplicate entry '650766' for key 1

I tried several automatically generated names and a few I made up. All result in the same error.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trashmail address creation failing

Post by Admin » 22 Jan 2007, 13:57

drglitch wrote:When attempting to create an address with an automatically generated random name (e.g. lvexfyba) from the http://www.trashmail.net page the following error occurs:

SQL error: INSERT INTO trashmail.user VALUES('', 'lvexfyba', '', '/bin/false', '!', 'A', '65534', '100', '/home/trashmail/lvexfyba', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0')
Error msg: Duplicate entry '650766' for key 1

I tried several automatically generated names and a few I made up. All result in the same error.
Exactly! Thanks for the bug report. This error has been now fixed and came because the SQL database has crashed and the tables were corrupt because of the last power outage. I repaired the SQL tables. Now all is reworking fine. Sorry for the problem.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Z

Post by Z » 23 Jan 2007, 11:14

Also some email bounced telling that addresses weren't valid. It's quite clear that there were some DB problems.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 23 Jan 2007, 13:11

Z wrote:Also some email bounced telling that addresses weren't valid. It's quite clear that there were some DB problems.
Yes, when the database is gone, its like there are 0 registered users on trashmail.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH