New domain names

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Admin
Site Admin

New domain names

Post by Admin » 12 Feb 2017, 00:05

I have sorted out old domain names which are mostly blacklisted. They can be still used but no more selected.
At the same time I implemented a solution that new domain names will regularly appear and disappear depending of the date.
This should prevent that domain names become too quickly blacklisted.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

user34563

Re: New domain names

Post by user34563 » 21 Feb 2017, 22:53

This change broke my script, because apparently when I send a JSON update for existing addresses that use an old domain name, the server rejects the whole session.

I've not tried removing the domain name from the JSON record, which will perhaps work. But this apparently means new addresses cannot be created with old domain names using the API. I'm not bothered if the old domain names are excluded from the GUI, but it would be useful if they would continue to be accepted by the API.

Thanks.

mr-flot

Post by mr-flot » 22 Feb 2017, 06:43

Will this also apply to my old favourites sn*****t and contbay?
Which unless I'm wrong were created for registered users only and should not appear on blacklists, but I suppose that depends on what registered users were doing with them.

Will senders continue to be able to send emails to my wegwerfmail addresses for evermore or will they eventually be dropped?

Thank you.

Edit: Just noticed contbay is now available as a free address. Why the change?

elbowGrease

Post by elbowGrease » 23 Feb 2017, 17:08

Admin wrote:I have sorted out old domain names which are mostly blacklisted. They can be still used but no more selected.
Not sure about others, but the blacklisting doesn't bother me. OTOH, losing proxymail.eu and rcpt.at is an annoyance. Would you mind keeping them available, and perhaps warn users of the blacklisting (if needed)?
Admin wrote: At the same time I implemented a solution that new domain names will regularly appear and disappear depending of the date.
I hope this doesn't affect continuity of inbound mail. If you turn off rcpt.at one day, will inbound mail still get through? If the appearance/disappearance is just for address creation, how does it thwart the blacklisting?
Admin wrote: This should prevent that domain names become too quickly blacklisted.
Domains can be blacklisted and unlisted off and on, from one day to the next. Your approach sounds very high maintenance. There are gratis services you can subscribe to that will email you when a domain becomes listed or unlisted. You could have a script that reacts to that, which would warn users creating an address. E.g., a pull-down could look like this:

kurzepost.de (blacklisted)
objectmail.com
proxymail.eu (blacklisted)
rcpt.at (blacklisted)
trash-mail.at
trashmail.at
trashmail.me
trashmail.net
wegwerfmail.de (blacklisted)
wegwerfmail.net (blacklisted)
wegwerfmail.org

Jess

Post by Jess » 25 Feb 2017, 15:14

This is a disaster for me. I used an objectmail.com address to access a much loved forum that I'm active on. I recently forgot my password and can no longer receive password reset links because the objectmail.com domain has vanished from trashmail. Please can you bring it back? I'm really upset.

Post by Guest » 26 Feb 2017, 06:19

Jess, according to the original post "They can be still used but no more selected".

I have several objectmail.com addresses and just tested one of them (sent myself an email), it is still working.

I'm a Trashmail Pro user.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 26 Feb 2017, 14:56

You can still use the old domain names. They will still be supported. They are only no more shown in the GUI.
So you can create, edit and delete disposable email addresses with the old domain names. For example by typing the domain manually int he domain field in the web address manager.
Also it should not broke automatic scripts.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

kurzepost-user

Post by kurzepost-user » 26 Feb 2017, 16:38

When sending an email to a hushmail.com user, my mail server gives this feedback:

Code: Select all

Mail delivery to the following recipient has finally failed:

[email protected]
   Last reason: 550 5.1.8
   Explanation: host plsmtp1.hushmail.com [65.39.152.130] said:
                <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected:
                Domain not found

Transcript of session:
   ... while talking to plsmtp1.hushmail.com [65.39.152.130]:
   >>> RCPT TO:<[email protected]>
   <<< 550 5.1.8 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: Domain
       not found
That doesn't appear like a blacklisting problem.. it appears the domain is unknown to DNS servers, no?

kurzepost-user

Post by kurzepost-user » 26 Feb 2017, 16:49

The problem I just reported may be unique to hushmail. I was able to send a message to a user of a different service with a @kurzepost.de address in the From: field without issue. So it seems hushmail may have implemented blacklisting in a way that gives a bogus error message.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 01 Mar 2017, 23:48

This is a bug at hushmail.com.
kurzepost.de is still active:
# host -t MX kurzepost.de
kurzepost.de mail is handled by 20 smtp2.trashmail.com.
kurzepost.de mail is handled by 10 smtp.trashmail.com.

You can check it here:
https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?ac ... n=toolpage
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH