API broken -- due to some new javascript?

Bug reports about this site.
emurphy

API broken -- due to some new javascript?

Post by emurphy » 27 Oct 2013, 20:06

For the past ~6 weeks, roughly, the API has been broken.

After logging in and successfully getting a cookie, I use the cookie to load the cmd=manage page (or something like that). It loads successfully. The I try to use the cookie to load the "read_dea" page. The status is successful (code 200), but the content is some generic page, as if I have been logged out.

When tracing a GUI browser, there is a new middle-step, where some PHP file is loaded with a reference to some javascript. Is this necessary? The POST involves some single letter parameters. What should they be?

Admin
Site Admin

Re: API broken -- due to some new javascript?

Post by Admin » 17 Nov 2013, 22:16

emurphy wrote:For the past ~6 weeks, roughly, the API has been broken.

After logging in and successfully getting a cookie, I use the cookie to load the cmd=manage page (or something like that). It loads successfully. The I try to use the cookie to load the "read_dea" page. The status is successful (code 200), but the content is some generic page, as if I have been logged out.

When tracing a GUI browser, there is a new middle-step, where some PHP file is loaded with a reference to some javascript. Is this necessary? The POST involves some single letter parameters. What should they be?
Hello,

with which browser do you have this problem exactly?
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

emurphy

Post by emurphy » 18 Nov 2013, 22:53

Admin wrote: with which browser do you have this problem exactly?
cURL, which was originally instrumented with a bash script. I rewrote it in Tcl in attempt to fix the problem. The shell script followed the API documentation, and was working a few months ago. When the scripts broke, I traced what was going on, and I can see a new HTTP GET to "https://ssl.trashmail.net/pstats/piwik.php".

If the piwik page is skipped, I'm (apparently) logged out. So it looks like a HTTP GET on piwik.php is now required, correct? That page takes a lot of encoded parameters that I don't understand.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 19 Dec 2013, 21:43

emurphy wrote:
Admin wrote: with which browser do you have this problem exactly?
cURL, which was originally instrumented with a bash script. I rewrote it in Tcl in attempt to fix the problem. The shell script followed the API documentation, and was working a few months ago. When the scripts broke, I traced what was going on, and I can see a new HTTP GET to "https://ssl.trashmail.net/pstats/piwik.php".

If the piwik page is skipped, I'm (apparently) logged out. So it looks like a HTTP GET on piwik.php is now required, correct? That page takes a lot of encoded parameters that I don't understand.
You don't need PIwik. Its only an alternative tool to Google Analytics which runs directly on TrashMail.net (so your data is not sent far away to Google).
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH