Empty emails

Bug reports about this site.
Saxtus

Empty emails

Post by Saxtus » 22 Jun 2013, 20:42

This isn't something new, as I keep informing the admin each time I get an empty email instead of the email I should have received.
Emails like that, do not have a body, only headers.

What makes them unique is the content of those headers:
"From" is always the following: There is no "To" header. So the only way to check the address that was supposed to get it, is to inspect "X-TrashMail-Key" or "X-TrashMail-Modify_Link".

What makes it different this time, is that the email that I've lost, was a new post notification of a forum that is hosted on my server.
By comparing it's timestamp and the forum posts that was made at that time, I've managed to figure out for what post the notification was.

Unfortunately I can't always guess the content of the empty emails I am receiving.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Empty emails

Post by Admin » 22 Jun 2013, 21:38

Sorry for this problem. This problem will be resolved with the new backend which is currently under development.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Saxtus

Post by Saxtus » 22 Jun 2013, 22:35

The reason I have decided to finally post about it, is because until yesterday, I thought that the reason was some faulty scripts or custom mail systems/configurations. But now, for the first time I know the origin and I can't look the other way.

Also, now that this is on forum, more customers might come forward and help you figure out what's wrong, as you've probably do not know what the current backend is doing wrong and there is always the fear of this carrying over to the new backend.

The work for the new backend has begun?
Do you need any testers? Can I help somehow?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 25 Jun 2013, 14:58

Saxtus wrote:The reason I have decided to finally post about it, is because until yesterday, I thought that the reason was some faulty scripts or custom mail systems/configurations. But now, for the first time I know the origin and I can't look the other way.

Also, now that this is on forum, more customers might come forward and help you figure out what's wrong, as you've probably do not know what the current backend is doing wrong and there is always the fear of this carrying over to the new backend.

The work for the new backend has begun?
Do you need any testers? Can I help somehow?
Yes, the work has begun. After my vacations I will work hard on it.
Testing could be useful.
Which programming languages do you know?
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Saxtus

Post by Saxtus » 25 Jul 2013, 10:26

Just got another empty email (mentioning it just for the sake of it).
Admin wrote:Which programming languages do you know?
Mainly PHP.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply, but forum doesn't seem to send emails on replies and I forgot to look for an answer.