Not receiving emails / getting error messages

Bug reports about this site.
dus

Not receiving emails / getting error messages

Post by dus » 08 Jun 2020, 11:36

Hi,

I have not been able to receive emails that were sent to me by third parties nor could I receive a test email sent to myself. With the latter, I received the following error message from your server:

trashmail.com gave this error:
Remote server returned an error -> 550 TrashMail: Message not compliant with RFC 2392: Invalid Message-Id value: Should be in format <[email protected]>.

Anything I can do at my end or is there a server issue? I tried this with more than 1 trashmail.com email addresses and experienced the issues described above with all of them.

Cheers,
DUS

clueless

Re: Not receiving emails / getting error messages

Post by clueless » 08 Jun 2020, 11:39

I posted this problem in the Weird Emails Received (HTML content missing) thread

dus

Post by dus » 08 Jun 2020, 11:52

Oh, ok! Thanks for pointing this out!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 08 Jun 2020, 17:19

The Message-ID problem has been fixed.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

dus

Post by dus » 08 Jun 2020, 18:13

Sending to and receiving from any trashmail addresses still doesn´t work for me.

When I try to send an email to one of my email addresses, I still get the following email back:

trashmail.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

XXXXX@[secret domain name]
Your message couldn't be delivered. When Office 365 tried to send the message, the external email server returned the error below. This is probably due to a problem or policy setting on the recipient's email system.

Check the error for information about the problem. The error might tell you what went wrong and how to fix it. For example, if it says the message was blocked due to a potential virus, try sending the message again without attachments.

For Email Admins
This error was reported by an email server outside Office 365, and if the sender is unable to fix the problem by modifying their message then it's likely that it's a problem that only the recipient's email admin can fix.

Check the error for information about the problem. The error might tell you what went wrong and provide clues for how to fix it. For example, if it says the message was rejected due a Sender Policy Framework (SPF) issue then you'll have to work with your domain registrar to properly configure your SPF record.

Check the error for information about where the problem is happening. For example, look for a domain name like contoso.com. This tells you which organization was responsible for the error. The recipient's email server could be causing the problem, or it could be due to a third-party service that your organization or the recipient's organization is using to process or filter email messages.

If you can't fix the problem, contact the responsible party's email admin. This could be the recipient's email admin, your smart host service admin, or someone similar. Provide them with the error code and error message from this non-delivery report (NDR) to help them troubleshoot the issue.
Unfortunately, Office 365 support is unlikely to be able to help with these kinds of externally reported errors.

trashmail.com gave this error:
Remote server returned an error -> 550 TrashMail: Message not compliant with RFC 2392: Invalid Message-Id value: Should be in format <[email protected]>.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 08 Jun 2020, 21:19

This problem has just been fixed a few minutes ago:
Outlook sends Message-ID in multi-line format: We rename this now as X-TrashMail-Message-ID and generate a new one.
Please retry. Sorry for the problem.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

dus

Post by dus » 09 Jun 2020, 11:32

Hi,

I just sent 4 more emails to my trashmail addresses. 2 from an outlook account, 2 from an icloud.com account.

Progress: I did not receive any of the dreaded "trashmail.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:" error messages.
Problem: None of the 4 emails got forwarded to the registered forwarding email address either.

So, it seems to me, something is still not working. :-)

Cheers,
DUS

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 09 Jun 2020, 19:26

Please send me an email to [email protected] that I can debug it.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

dus

Post by dus » 11 Jun 2020, 13:40

Email sent yesterday.

I hope the problem can get fixed quickly. Not receiving any mails via the trashmail accounts for some days now and that is causing me some headache.

Good luck .....

dus

Post by dus » 12 Jun 2020, 04:05

Hi,

Any updates? If the problem cannot be fixed I need to know so that I can start making the necessary changes at my end this weekend. 1 week without any redirected mails was the longest I could wait. Thank you!

DUS

dus

Post by dus » 13 Jun 2020, 14:02

Hello? Any help?????

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 01 Jul 2020, 14:48

Sorry, I didn't got your mail at [email protected].
I guess your email provider blocked incoming messages of TrashMail.
The easiest way would be to use another real email address and switch to this email.

We will provide one day a IMAP account directly at TrashMail, but its not yet implemented. We have first to move the server to a new one.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH