Address Masking not working

Bug reports about this site.
ntespka

Address Masking not working

Post by ntespka » 11 May 2010, 19:47

I just came across your site, and I like much of what I see.

However, after trying it out and sending a few test messages, I found that the address masking wasn't working.

When replying to a forwarded message, the recipient was able to see the sending email server name and IP, as well as the sending machine's name and IP.

This information was not stripped out or obfuscated. Since I didn't see any configuration options to turn this on or off, I assume it's a constant feature. So why didn't it work?

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Address Masking not working

Post by Admin » 13 May 2010, 13:10

ntespka wrote:I just came across your site, and I like much of what I see.

However, after trying it out and sending a few test messages, I found that the address masking wasn't working.

When replying to a forwarded message, the recipient was able to see the sending email server name and IP, as well as the sending machine's name and IP.

This information was not stripped out or obfuscated. Since I didn't see any configuration options to turn this on or off, I assume it's a constant feature. So why didn't it work?
This is a bug. I need to fix it. Thanks for reporting it.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

ntespka

Post by ntespka » 13 May 2010, 13:39

Admin wrote:
This is a bug. I need to fix it. Thanks for reporting it.

Excellent! As soon as this is working properly, I will be paying for a Plus account. :)

steve2017bus

Post by steve2017bus » 12 Jul 2014, 09:49

You don't want trashmail, or anyone else for that matter, censoring the CONTENT of your messages. So use reply masking - but also remember to use a VPN/proxy/Tor or some such to hide your IP. Plus other tools to hide your replying email client fingerprint (if your paranoid). Or send all your replies directly from the trashmail site as sent emails rather than replying from your email client (this option sends no identifying data).