Whitelist function

To Do list of all new features which will be soon coded are posted in this forum.

Admin
Site Admin

Whitelist function

Post by Admin » 17 Jun 2006, 22:18

Some TrashMail users (me included) would like to use regulary TrashMail addresses in the Usenet newsgroups or as a forum user.
We don't want to receive automatically messages (newsletters, spams etc.).
So it would be nice if it could be possible to activate/desactivate at anytime an option for whitelisting.

When the whitelisting option is activated, all incoming emails must first be confirmed by the sender through a web interface with visual confirmation code.
After the confirmation, the sender could send as much mails as he like.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Z

Re: Whitelist function

Post by Z » 19 Jun 2006, 10:06

Also related to what I wrote here:

http://www.trashmail.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12#12

Z

Post by Z » 21 Dec 2006, 21:28

Is there any progress with this whitelisting matter?

I'm just being curious.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 24 Dec 2006, 02:28

Z wrote:Is there any progress with this whitelisting matter?

I'm just being curious.
The whitelisting function will be the next function that I will implement.
If I had a laptop (and I have no more one which has working batteries), I could develop this when I'm travelling...

But I will try to implement this function as soon as possible.
I think this would be the overkill BEST function of TrashMail of all, and this service will become more and more an email virtualization service.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Z

Post by Z » 24 Dec 2006, 08:09

Yes. There are some aspects with whitelisting that require careful consideration. As we have discussed by email.

I think it's especially important that the email sent to users that should whitelist it's own address is VERY clear. So it won't be ignored.

As you might know, emails pointing to some site are used to VERIFY email addresses for spamming. So it is must that it might not get mixed with those messages. I'm not quite sure how to convince users that are paranoid about that.

Maybe you should have clear statement on http://www.trashmail.com page about that issue. So people could read about it before clicking that "personalized id link" or something like that.

- Comments?

And yes, whitelisting must allow to ban/unban domains, useraddresses and so. That managing those lists is handy.

Btw. whitelisting function allows great way to advertice trashmail and get more visitors and make service known.

--
- Me, nerd? No way. Btw. When xmas is?

Z

Post by Z » 27 Feb 2007, 11:29

I got one more question: Could it be possible to whitelist unknown addresses, by viewing pending list? I mean if I want to subscribe to some mailing list or something like it. And I know I received I mail from it, but its pending to be whitelisted I could view queue and white list it?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 01 Mar 2007, 09:16

Z wrote:I got one more question: Could it be possible to whitelist unknown addresses, by viewing pending list? I mean if I want to subscribe to some mailing list or something like it. And I know I received I mail from it, but its pending to be whitelisted I could view queue and white list it?
Yes I would like to implement this.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 01 Mar 2007, 09:17

Z wrote:I got one more question: Could it be possible to whitelist unknown addresses, by viewing pending list? I mean if I want to subscribe to some mailing list or something like it. And I know I received I mail from it, but its pending to be whitelisted I could view queue and white list it?
I forgot to say:
I must also implement an option to not count incoming emails which are whitelisted.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Z

Post by Z » 11 Mar 2007, 09:44

Admin wrote: I must also implement an option to not count incoming emails which are whitelisted.
Not to count? So what are you thinking? Or do you mean that white-listing could be used for any account. So if I open account for 10 messages, and I receive 100 messages which are on white list then those will come trough?

How about after that limit of 10 non white listed messages?

I thought white listing would be "exlusive" option. So if you're using whitelisting then only expiry date would be used and no messages that aren't white listed would get trough.

Just my messy thoughts.

- Thanks

More discussion here:
https://ssl.trashmail.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=385

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 23 Oct 2007, 12:07

Admin wrote:Some TrashMail users (me included) would like to use regulary TrashMail addresses in the Usenet newsgroups or as a forum user.
We don't want to receive automatically messages (newsletters, spams etc.).
So it would be nice if it could be possible to activate/desactivate at anytime an option for whitelisting.

When the whitelisting option is activated, all incoming emails must first be confirmed by the sender through a web interface with visual confirmation code.
After the confirmation, the sender could send as much mails as he like.
The whitelisting has been implemented. Automatic whitelisting for sended messages via web form will be included later in a seperate ToDo.
This ticket is closed.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH