Idea: Initiate email using disposable send address

To Do list of all new features which will be soon coded are posted in this forum.

Saxtus

Idea: Initiate email using disposable send address

Post by Saxtus » 04 Mar 2014, 02:36

Hello.
This is not my idea, but it's something that I've seen working just fine on another disposable e-mail service, nevertheless it's something I would love to see implemented into Trashmail.net system:

• Generate one-time send addresses on demand
Instead of composing your "e-mail to be sent" into the (restrictive) Trashmail.net webform, my suggestion is to use another webform to specify a recipient address.
The result will be an (easy to be copied to clipboard) one-time proxy e-mail address that can be used to send emails to, using the user's favorite email client, like it happens right now with auto-generated reply-masquerading addresses.

I have asked for that functionality again a year ago, but I think it deserves it's own thread (as the old thread got hijacked, derailed and crashed)...
After all the functionality is already there, proved to work, but just needs a user interface and some love.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Idea: Initiate email using disposable send address

Post by Admin » 01 Apr 2014, 21:46

This is planned.
There would be something like:
[email protected]

Where you can put OP commands after the dot or something like that.
Unfortunately it requires the new backend which is currently under development.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Saxtus

Post by Saxtus » 02 Apr 2014, 04:13

Just to be clear, I am talking about sending email functionality and not creating arbitrary receiving addresses.
For example, if I want to send a PGP/mime email to someone that never sent me an email before, I can't right now, because I have to use the Trashmail webpage to do it, instead of my PGP-enabled email client.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 07 Apr 2014, 21:11

Saxtus wrote:Just to be clear, I am talking about sending email functionality and not creating arbitrary receiving addresses.
For example, if I want to send a PGP/mime email to someone that never sent me an email before, I can't right now, because I have to use the Trashmail webpage to do it, instead of my PGP-enabled email client.
Yeah, what we need is that TrashMail provides a SMTPS access. That is planned. Currently I'm still coding the backend, but once that is done, I can offer this.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Z

Post by Z » 06 Dec 2014, 16:01

You could use single control address to control other addresses. In this case you shouldn't so much rewrite. Any email client would do as control app.