Bidirectional blind messaging

To Do list of all new features which will be soon coded are posted in this forum.

Admin
Site Admin

Bidirectional blind messaging

Post by Admin » 26 Jun 2006, 14:00

Receiving messages with a TrashMail from header.
So external persons could send message to TrashMail like addresses *.[email protected] mails, and their FROM header would be masked with a new TrashMail address created on the fly.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

SnakeDoc

Post by SnakeDoc » 07 Dec 2006, 10:16

If this is what I THINK it is - that would allow for truly annon communications between two people?

But I think this is more cool than useful. I was thinking of the strain it would put on your server, say if you had like a thousand people all playing ping pong tennis, and then you have some bastard that creates two auto replying scripts to keep your mail server load up.

Pretty cool idea, I mean, I can see you have vision! *no pun intended!*

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 07 Dec 2006, 10:40

SnakeDoc wrote:If this is what I THINK it is - that would allow for truly annon communications between two people?

But I think this is more cool than useful. I was thinking of the strain it would put on your server, say if you had like a thousand people all playing ping pong tennis, and then you have some bastard that creates two auto replying scripts to keep your mail server load up.

Pretty cool idea, I mean, I can see you have vision! *no pun intended!*
Yes, there is a lot of work to do.
But this idea cames from Z, he had the most and best ideas for this site.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Z

Post by Z » 21 Dec 2006, 21:18

I support truly anonymous messaging as long as it's not being used for illegal purposes. So TOS (terms of service) should clearly state that...

1. No user information is given out without (local, national) court order (for what so ever reason)

2. And all court requested user information is given out when (lawful) local court (authorative and confirmable) order is received. It means that police asking for assistance wont get any information before court has given order to administrator to give data or logs to police (or another official party).

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 22 Dec 2006, 00:07

Z wrote:I support truly anonymous messaging as long as it's not being used for illegal purposes. So TOS (terms of service) should clearly state that...

1. No user information is given out without (local, national) court order (for what so ever reason)

2. And all court requested user information is given out when (lawful) local court (authorative and confirmable) order is received. It means that police asking for assistance wont get any information before court has given order to administrator to give data or logs to police (or another official party).
I created this ToDo entry for the TOS:
https://ssl.trashmail.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=248#248
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Z

Post by Z » 24 Dec 2006, 08:11

SnakeDoc wrote:If this is what I THINK it is - that would allow for truly annon communications between two people?
It's not a new idea. It's called pseudoanonymous remailer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penet_remailer

I think first step would be protecting TRASHMAIL user information. By dropping all received lines from email messages when reply or first message is sent out.

So user using trashmail.net would be protected by the "another" party wouldn't be. And this is very easy to archive. Service is already stripping some headers.