Descriptive tag when creating address

To Do list of all new features which will be soon coded are posted in this forum.

antispamman

Descriptive tag when creating address

Post by antispamman » 21 Sep 2007, 04:06

It would be nice if there was a field for a brief (optional) description of the address - like which site you created it for or for what reason

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Descriptive tag when creating address

Post by Admin » 25 Sep 2007, 21:51

I started already to implement this kind of thing in the mozilla firefox extension. It could be also possible to add this to the account settings page. I think this is a good idea.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Z

Post by Z » 30 Sep 2007, 11:50

I like it too. I often use descriptive address, but in Spamgourmet forums some company wanted to sue user using descriptive address.

Let's say that I register Microsoft product with email [email protected], then Microsoft thinks I'm abusing their trademark... Aww.. Kind of stupid, but its one possible problem. It also gives a way too good hint (for someone else) to use password recovery for site if email address name matches the service it's associated with.

Listing trashmail addresses would be nice too. In some cases, but in some cases I think it's also privacy issue, especially if address names are too descriptive or there is too good description.

I know, I'm wearing my tinfoil hat... ;) But anyway.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 23 Oct 2007, 11:39

Z wrote:I like it too. I often use descriptive address, but in Spamgourmet forums some company wanted to sue user using descriptive address.

Let's say that I register Microsoft product with email [email protected], then Microsoft thinks I'm abusing their trademark... Aww.. Kind of stupid, but its one possible problem. It also gives a way too good hint (for someone else) to use password recovery for site if email address name matches the service it's associated with.

Listing trashmail addresses would be nice too. In some cases, but in some cases I think it's also privacy issue, especially if address names are too descriptive or there is too good description.

This function would be implemented as next.
Then I will see if I could implement this in the Mozilla Firefox Extension for the URL.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 11 Nov 2007, 19:22

Admin wrote:
Z wrote:I like it too. I often use descriptive address, but in Spamgourmet forums some company wanted to sue user using descriptive address.

This function would be implemented as next.
Then I will see if I could implement this in the Mozilla Firefox Extension for the URL.
Memo's are now implemented in TrashMail.
Next step is to implement this in the Firefox Extension.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

antispamman

Post by antispamman » 25 Nov 2007, 03:53

Great - I see that there is now a descriptive message section on the account settings page.

It should also be implemented on the account creation page - and I understand that you are still working on implementing as an input field in the FF extension.

Finally - the descriptive text should be included in all account creation/expiration and upcoming expiring emails sent from Trashmail. And if at all possible the text should be appended somehow to emails forwarded by Trashmail - even if as a .TXT attachment - but as part of the email content would be better

Z

Post by Z » 25 Nov 2007, 07:34

antispamman wrote:Finally - the descriptive text should be included in all account creation/expiration and upcoming expiring emails sent from Trashmail. And if at all possible the text should be appended somehow to emails forwarded by Trashmail - even if as a .TXT attachment - but as part of the email content would be better
Yep, creation, expiration and warning before expiration (when is that coming?) messages should include description IMHO.

But for every mail? No no... It's not worth of it. If you want to get some short description, use Key field. You can always click trashmail modify link to see full description, if you need to.

X-TrashMail-Key: crappy-site.com

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 06 Dec 2007, 16:45

Z wrote:
antispamman wrote:Finally - the descriptive text should be included in all account creation/expiration and upcoming expiring emails sent from Trashmail. And if at all possible the text should be appended somehow to emails forwarded by Trashmail - even if as a .TXT attachment - but as part of the email content would be better
Yep, creation, expiration and warning before expiration (when is that coming?) messages should include description IMHO.

But for every mail? No no... It's not worth of it. If you want to get some short description, use Key field. You can always click trashmail modify link to see full description, if you need to.

X-TrashMail-Key: crappy-site.com
Ok I think its now good implemented. The Mozilla Firefox Add-On adds the URL in the trashmail account automatically when the option is enabled in the Add-On.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH