Automatic Dormancy Notifications

To Do list of all new features which will be soon coded are posted in this forum.

colceh

Automatic Dormancy Notifications

Post by colceh » 17 Jan 2017, 03:31

Not sure if this has been proposed before, but ...

How about if trashmail could recognize when an alias hasn't received any inbound email within a specified timeframe, for example one year, and automatically notify the owner of that alias, via email to the customer's registered address, that the alias has gone dormant (and likely won't receive any more mail, spam or otherwise)?

This feature would help me manage (minimize) my List of Active Aliases ... I could delete the ones that I (likely) don't need any longer.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Automatic Dormancy Notifications

Post by Admin » 01 Mar 2017, 23:55

That is a great idea. And what do you think about simple statistics, that you can track for each disposable address when last mails came through?
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

colceh

Post by colceh » 02 Mar 2017, 02:15

I am not sure what you mean by your question about simple statistics.

Perhaps, when a member's Address Manager page is displayed, one of the columns could be a timestamp field showing how much time has elapsed since each active alias had received its last inbound message.

Also, when the system recognized that the pre-set time duration for dormancy notification had elapsed, the auto-generated message to the member could include a link to delete that alias. Something like "Hello, <user>, your alias <[email protected]> has now reached the time limit for which you requested to be notified of dormant inbound activity ... if you no longer need this alias, click the following link to delete it"...

Personally, I would find both of these features VERY useful. Thanks for considering.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 29 Dec 2017, 09:23

Yes its more or less what I would like to implement.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

colceh

Post by colceh » 16 Feb 2019, 16:39

Any progress on implementing this?

Last post was 14 months ago. Thx.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 31 May 2020, 10:45

We added now the possibility that emails will be disabled instead to be deleted, after the expiration time is reached.
Additionally you see now when they have been lastly triggered, even if disabled.
Is that ok?
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH