Kohls.com temporary disabled

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Admin
Site Admin

Kohls.com temporary disabled

Post by Admin » 29 Jan 2010, 09:45

Currently its no more possible to forward emails from kohls.com.
Kohls sends all emails at once per day, the resources of the current hardware and software are not sufficient to handle this lot of emails.
When Kohls sends their emails, we get over 2500 emails per minute (40 emails per second) on one single server. The server is completly over-floated by this mails and some functions on the web frontend are no more working when this happens.

Our infrastructure is currently not optimized to handle this. We are working on it and will re-enable kohls.com when the system has been improved.

Best regards,
Admin
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

shopper

Re: Kohls.com temporary disabled

Post by shopper » 29 Jan 2010, 21:14

This was sad news to Read. I use trashmail on a weekly basis for the Kohls coupons.

(Our infrastructure is currently not optimized to handle this. We are working on it and will re-enable kohls.com when the system has been improved)

Do you believe you will be able to optimize your system so this can be resumed?
Thanks

Saxtus

Post by Saxtus » 29 Jan 2010, 21:24

Admin, thank you for the heads up but should we expect more e-mail sources to be excluded in the future?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 29 Jan 2010, 21:31

Saxtus wrote:Admin, thank you for the heads up but should we expect more e-mail sources to be excluded in the future?
No. But only to give an example. One users who did not paid for this service created alone over 77 000 disposable active email addresses!
Kohls.com will be reenabled soon. The current software infrastructure need to be optimized to handle this.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 29 Jan 2010, 21:32

shopper wrote:This was sad news to Read. I use trashmail on a weekly basis for the Kohls coupons.

(Our infrastructure is currently not optimized to handle this. We are working on it and will re-enable kohls.com when the system has been improved)

Do you believe you will be able to optimize your system so this can be resumed?
Thanks
Please be patient. I work on optimizing this service as fast as possible.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Saxtus

Post by Saxtus » 29 Jan 2010, 21:41

Admin wrote:One users who did not paid for this service created alone over 77 000 disposable active email addresses!
It seems to be someone that uses the service for fraud purposes to me.
May I suggest a limit of how many addresses a non-paying user can create?

shopper

Post by shopper » 29 Jan 2010, 22:10

Please be patient. I work on optimizing this service as fast as possible.)
Thank you so much for attempting to work this out!

I use trashmail with Kohls weekly, but do it with a paid service.
I agree that non paying should be limited on how many emails they can create
Thank you again..Trashmail is the BEST disposable service in my opinion!!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 29 Jan 2010, 22:11

Saxtus wrote:
Admin wrote:One users who did not paid for this service created alone over 77 000 disposable active email addresses!
It seems to be someone that uses the service for fraud purposes to me.
May I suggest a limit of how many addresses a non-paying user can create?
This is exactly what I will do.
I suggest 150 active addresses for non paying users.
And nearby unlimited addresses for paying users (maybe a very high hard limit at 20k or something like this).
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 30 Jan 2010, 22:33

Kohls.com has been re-enabled.
The following feature has been implemented:
Number of maximum disposable email addresses:
- 50 for non Plus members
- 1000 for Plus members

This means that if you want to create more than 50 disposable email addresses per real email address, you need to become a TrashMail Plus member.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Saxtus

Post by Saxtus » 31 Jan 2010, 00:30

Admin wrote:- 1000 for Plus members
And also means that I can't create any more addresses until I take time to clean up the mess created when my ~180 aliases extrapolated during the separation of domain alliances (that I never asked by the way).

I am deeply disappointed as a Plus member as you gave no easy means of spotting and deleting redundant addresses and right now it appears to me that I am forced to do so (and until I do that, I can't use the service as expected, i.e. creating new addresses on demand).
Good move, it's the first time that I am considering finding an alternative service, very nice...

Z

Post by Z » 31 Jan 2010, 06:23

Saxtus wrote:
Deleting redundant addresses and right now it appears to me that I am forced to do so (and until I do that, I can't use the service as expected, i.e. creating new addresses on demand).
As a script kiddie you'll most propably find it quite easy. Just request list of addresses and run script to delete those. There is handy delete link for every address.
Good move, it's the first time that I am considering finding an alternative service, very nice...
Feel free, but Trashmail.net is really top of this category. I did extensive research about different email services before opting for this one.

180 addresses btw, isn't much. ;) I got something like 800 after extrapolation. ;)

If you aren't plus customer, of course you can find another service. You're only causing cost to operators. It's funny when people complain about free service, I'll go find antoher one? Yeah, so what? Usually that statment is valid only when you know that you're paying a good money for service. It's just like any negotiation, and if you're non-valuable to the opposing side, then you're negotiation terms are quite poor.

I wonder why every street kid in India isn't working for Microsoft. ;) Each one of them could call Gates and tell that if you dont pay me 10k€/month, I won't work for you. - Err, so what?

If you really want good service for free, I suggest you'll run your own server. But it might not be free after all. I've been there and done that. Now I have opted for playing for others, because running own server isn't free after all.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 31 Jan 2010, 09:49

Saxtus wrote:
And also means that I can't create any more addresses until I take time to clean up the mess created when my ~180 aliases extrapolated during the separation of domain alliances (that I never asked by the way).

I am deeply disappointed as a Plus member as you gave no easy means of spotting and deleting redundant addresses and right now it appears to me that I am forced to do so (and until I do that, I can't use the service as expected, i.e. creating new addresses on demand).
Sorry for this issue. I just increased the total number from 1000 to 2500.
I hope this would help and you don't need to move to an alternative service. :-)

For deleting the addresses:
For this we need to implement a single sign on system with which you have a control panel on which you would have the total control over all your existing disposable email addresses. This is planned as next step.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Saxtus

Post by Saxtus » 31 Jan 2010, 12:19

@Z: Your post suggested to me writing a script as a solution and also revealed that you didn't took time to read my post: I had ~180 aliases, now I have >1000 and I am a Plus member (I couldn't remember how many years in advance I've paid for to tell you, because it seems that "Verify and renew your Plus membership" link is borked). Maybe next time you need to just be honest and post a "tl;dr" instead of blindly accusing me of causing cost to operators...
Admin wrote:Sorry for this issue. I just increased the total number from 1000 to 2500.
I hope this would help and you don't need to move to an alternative service. :-)
Thank you. I never told that I found one, just that I will have to look for :lol:
Admin wrote:For deleting the addresses:
For this we need to implement a single sign on system with which you have a control panel on which you would have the total control over all your existing disposable email addresses. This is planned as next step.
Meanwhile, is there a way to implement a simple statistic service for each alias? Simple things like "how many mails forwarded till now", "when last mail was forwarded", "when alias was created"?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 31 Jan 2010, 14:21

Saxtus wrote:Meanwhile, is there a way to implement a simple statistic service for each alias? Simple things like "how many mails forwarded till now", "when last mail was forwarded", "when alias was created"?
A workaround I could manually delete all email addresses from a specific domain name that you never used. For example if you tell me that you never used @rcpt.at, I could already delete 1/6 of all disposable email addresses.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Saxtus

Post by Saxtus » 31 Jan 2010, 16:24

I've used them all at some point, even for just a couple of addresses, so I guess I have to find another method...
For now I just keep track of what I receive but I can tell you that it will take me ages until I've been sure of what to delete.