@fakemail.dyndns.org = @trashmail.net

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Admin
Site Admin

@fakemail.dyndns.org = @trashmail.net

Post by Admin » 06 Dec 2006, 22:24

For all people who are victims of websites banning @trashmail.net email addresses, try to use @fakemail.dyndns.org which refers to trashmail.net.
:D
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Z

Re: @fakemail.dyndns.org = @trashmail.net

Post by Z » 08 Dec 2006, 12:36

Thanks! That's quite handy work-a-round.

Btw. Will trashmail mail server allow to use ANY domain name? I have my own domain so I could point public.domain.com to smtp.trashmail.net and then get my mail processed by trashmail. This is especially interesting when you get whitelisting to work well. So everyone doesn't need to implement whitelisting features on their own email servers.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 08 Dec 2006, 13:09

Z wrote:Thanks! That's quite handy work-a-round.

Btw. Will trashmail mail server allow to use ANY domain name? I have my own domain so I could point public.domain.com to smtp.trashmail.net and then get my mail processed by trashmail. This is especially interesting when you get whitelisting to work well. So everyone doesn't need to implement whitelisting features on their own email servers.
Currently I had to hardcode this domain name in the mail server configuration file, because Postfix refused to accept email from any domain name.
It would be interessting that it will work for every domain name. I must check first the security risks of all this, because I don't know what risks I take by allowing this.
Remember that on fakemail.dyndns.org there is no backup MX 2 server.
It points as domain A address to trashmail.net.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Z

Post by Z » 08 Dec 2006, 17:01

Admin wrote: Remember that on fakemail.dyndns.org there is no backup MX 2 server.
Usually that shouldn't have any meaning to normal user. It's just about that some servers have currently really short redelivery timeout (8 h is shortest that I have seen) and if service is down for some reason then some of email is starting to get lost. I still miss times when normal redelivery time was at least 7 days.

Btw. If my email server is down for some reason and I don't have backup mx. What's the redelivery timeout for messages that are being forwarded by trashmail?