Gmail reply glitches

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

spambycounterspam

Gmail reply glitches

Post by spambycounterspam » 27 Dec 2009, 01:47

Trashmail is a great service! It's great that it is tiered so that payed members and possibly donations allow others to access the service when they have no budget.

When I first started using Trashmail.net with a Gmail account, I set Gmail to reply from the address that received the e-mail. This would be *@trashmail.net with the reply to address encoding the original sender.

So, for example jacksplat@nomail would send to [email protected] and my gmail would reply with it's "send as" feature as 123@trashmail to [email protected]

By that method, "jacksplat" would receive 30 to 50 duplicate e-mails. So I would manually paste in [email protected] in the to: field and it worked but now the problem is that many domain mails reveal my true Gmail address and I see it in the reply.
-----Original Message-----
From: *@gmail.com [mailto:*@gmail.com] On Behalf Of * (refers to trashmail.net identity)
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:43 PM
To:*.*
Subject: Re: Craig's List ad. :shock:
:evil:

The 30-50 duplicate messages has turned off many women in my Craig's List pursuit of happiness :cry: and Gmail's divulging the real address draws Craig's List spam like flies to "honey".

Verizon seems to be one domain but I'm sure Gmail is just faithlessly blasting it out there in the original message header. :twisted:

If I set my Gmail account to send as the default Gmail address and send to the address like this example: [email protected], does trashmail in fact strip my true gmail address from the header and not give it out?

Thanks for a great service regardless. 8)

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gmail reply glitches

Post by Admin » 30 Dec 2009, 14:42

spambycounterspam wrote:Trashmail is a great service! It's great that it is tiered so that payed members and possibly donations allow others to access the service when they have no budget.

When I first started using Trashmail.net with a Gmail account, I set Gmail to reply from the address that received the e-mail. This would be *@trashmail.net with the reply to address encoding the original sender.

So, for example jacksplat@nomail would send to [email protected] and my gmail would reply with it's "send as" feature as 123@trashmail to [email protected]

By that method, "jacksplat" would receive 30 to 50 duplicate e-mails. So I would manually paste in [email protected] in the to: field and it worked but now the problem is that many domain mails reveal my true Gmail address and I see it in the reply.
-----Original Message-----
From: *@gmail.com [mailto:*@gmail.com] On Behalf Of * (refers to trashmail.net identity)
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:43 PM
To:*.*
Subject: Re: Craig's List ad. :shock:
:evil:

The 30-50 duplicate messages has turned off many women in my Craig's List pursuit of happiness :cry: and Gmail's divulging the real address draws Craig's List spam like flies to "honey".

Verizon seems to be one domain but I'm sure Gmail is just faithlessly blasting it out there in the original message header. :twisted:

If I set my Gmail account to send as the default Gmail address and send to the address like this example: [email protected], does trashmail in fact strip my true gmail address from the header and not give it out?

Thanks for a great service regardless. 8)

Thanks for using TrashMail.net.
TrashMail.net automatically hides as best as it can your real email address if you use a *.reply.*@trashmail.net address.
So if your real email address was [email protected] it should be replaced by [email protected]
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH