Changing Real Address... is a NO-NO

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Ozzy

Changing Real Address... is a NO-NO

Post by Ozzy » 14 Dec 2009, 19:10

Hi,

I noticed that as soon as you change your real email address, you'll lose all previously created addresses in the TAM (TrashMail Address Manager)... needless to say that kinda sux! :(

An example:

oldbill@police.co.uk was used to create multiple TrashMail addresses and you can change/delete them as you please... but, changing the real email address to newbill@police.co.uk and the TAM is empty.. "You have no TrashMail addresses saved in this browser" ...isn't there a way to get the TrashMail addresses back for the oldbill-address!

This also begs the question, what if a user uses a different browser then Firefox. How is he/she able to change/delete the TrashMail addresses. Login on to each TrashMail address is a b*tch, especially when you lose/delete the TrashMail verification-email.

Isn't it much more user-friendly to have an account, at least for the "Plus"-users, where you can configure the account, bulk change all TrashMail addresses and even download/print a list of all TrashMail addresses the user is using all over the net. Is it really necessary to create an account with unique login-credentials for every single TrashMail address created?

I was previously an avid user of sneakemail.com, but stumbled on your service and decided to go with you guys/girls instead, but please, please go take a peek at how that service is doing things, because that will make your service from great to legendary!

Thanks

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changing Real Address... is a NO-NO

Post by Admin » 15 Dec 2009, 10:09

Ozzy wrote:Hi,

I noticed that as soon as you change your real email address, you'll lose all previously created addresses in the TAM (TrashMail Address Manager)... needless to say that kinda sux! :(

An example:

oldbill@police.co.uk was used to create multiple TrashMail addresses and you can change/delete them as you please... but, changing the real email address to newbill@police.co.uk and the TAM is empty.. "You have no TrashMail addresses saved in this browser" ...isn't there a way to get the TrashMail addresses back for the oldbill-address!

This also begs the question, what if a user uses a different browser then Firefox. How is he/she able to change/delete the TrashMail addresses. Login on to each TrashMail address is a b*tch, especially when you lose/delete the TrashMail verification-email.

Isn't it much more user-friendly to have an account, at least for the "Plus"-users, where you can configure the account, bulk change all TrashMail addresses and even download/print a list of all TrashMail addresses the user is using all over the net. Is it really necessary to create an account with unique login-credentials for every single TrashMail address created?

I was previously an avid user of sneakemail.com, but stumbled on your service and decided to go with you guys/girls instead, but please, please go take a peek at how that service is doing things, because that will make your service from great to legendary!

Thanks
Hello,

its plannified to add a central login/password mechanism.
The only reason why it has not yet been created is that some users prefers to create an address in 2 seconds, other prefers a login/password mechanism.
What I suggest is to provide the two possibilities. Once the firefox add-on will be installed, it would request a login and password. I would like to add the same too for the frontpage.

Best regards,
Admin
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Ozzy

Re: Changing Real Address... is a NO-NO

Post by Ozzy » 15 Dec 2009, 13:17

Thanks for the quick response.

The reason I suggested this central login for TrashMail is because I got a bunch of login-credentials of which all are totally different. That bunch, about 300-400 different login accounts for all kinds of websites, forum, webmail, contacts (who can you trust nowadays?) etc. etc., are kept in a KeePass database. Most login-account require the email address as user-name and for now most end with [email protected]. I'm in the process of changing them all to [email protected].

Then, because I was 5 minutes distracted by my job, I forgot to save a freshly generated TrashMail address for my break.com account. I had already deleted the break.com email address verification message, that stated the new email address by which I can log on. So I searched the TrashMail verification messages I'd received that day with string "Break.com", but couldn't find anything. I finally found the right address again by trying all the addresses I generated that day. You can imagine that this would totally be impossible if I had deleted the TrashMail verification messages as well. This basically means I would have lost my break.com account for ever. Not a big deal for me personally, but it could have been if I was a video-author of something like that, making a buck of two on break.com. Therefor, since we humans are born to make mistakes, I also suggest that the TrashMail verification message at least prints the URL for which the TrashMail address was generated for.

But, these suggestions are pointless if TrashMail introduces a central login system by which users can access all their generated addresses and create a excel-sheet or pdf with all addresses.

Anyway, I really hope you realize the central login system as soon as you can,

Thanks again and good luck

[Three thumbs up] :wink: