forwarding takes hours

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Post Reply
neutral
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 Jul 2009, 14:02

forwarding takes hours

Post by neutral » 21 Jul 2009, 14:23

If I use trashmail addresses for registering in online forums, it takes hours before I get confirmation mails back. What is the reason for such behavior?

Edit: It's not my mail provider who is not forwarding the mails - they simply don't arrive there in time. Usually, my mails are delivered within seconds.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1241
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 08:55
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: forwarding takes hours

Post by Admin » 21 Jul 2009, 17:48

neutral wrote:If I use trashmail addresses for registering in online forums, it takes hours before I get confirmation mails back. What is the reason for such behavior?

Edit: It's not my mail provider who is not forwarding the mails - they simply don't arrive there in time. Usually, my mails are delivered within seconds.
Strange, when I use it it takes about seconds.
Maybe your mail provider use greylisting?
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

neutral
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 Jul 2009, 14:02

Re: forwarding takes hours

Post by neutral » 21 Jul 2009, 18:13

Admin wrote:
neutral wrote:...Strange, when I use it it takes about seconds. Maybe your mail provider use greylisting?
Yea, really strange. The last sign-up I did was four hours ago, I created an address, entered it an sent it away. Up to now, I don't have any confirmation. I also checked online with my mail provider. Nothing to be found there.

What do you mean with greylist? My provider is http://www.gmx.ch/ (sorry, only in German). They usually forward anything besides spam.

neutral
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 Jul 2009, 14:02

Re: forwarding takes hours

Post by neutral » 21 Jul 2009, 21:29

It's not only strange but weird - it doesn't seem to work at all: Still no reply. Are there any settings in trashmail that I could alter that would speed up the process?

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1241
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 08:55
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: forwarding takes hours

Post by Admin » 22 Jul 2009, 07:01

neutral wrote:It's not only strange but weird - it doesn't seem to work at all: Still no reply. Are there any settings in trashmail that I could alter that would speed up the process?
Please send me your real email address to support@trashmail.net.
I will check the log files of the mail server what is happen with gmx.ch.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

neutral
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 Jul 2009, 14:02

Problem sorted out

Post by neutral » 22 Jul 2009, 18:54

Problem sorted out by opening up a fresh account with another e-mail address. Don't use GMX.net for your "real" address!

Post Reply