FireFox Add-on does not work

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

unitedwecan2

FireFox Add-on does not work

Post by unitedwecan2 » 30 Jun 2009, 20:12

I have installed the FireFox Add-on. I already have made 25 email addresses on-line, created and paid for an account on trashmail to use the full service, and can send trash emails to my real email address. The Trashmail website I can use OK.

The problem is that the Firefox Trashmail Address Manager screen has nothing in it. I get a message that no trashmail addresses have been saved on browser.

I cannot save and add new addresses from the Firefox Options screen. It appears that the Firefox Add-on cannot create emails and cannot list emails.

So what is wrong? I do not know.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: FireFox Add-on does not work

Post by Admin » 01 Jul 2009, 08:05

unitedwecan2 wrote:I have installed the FireFox Add-on. I already have made 25 email addresses on-line, created and paid for an account on trashmail to use the full service, and can send trash emails to my real email address. The Trashmail website I can use OK.

The problem is that the Firefox Trashmail Address Manager screen has nothing in it. I get a message that no trashmail addresses have been saved on browser.

I cannot save and add new addresses from the Firefox Options screen. It appears that the Firefox Add-on cannot create emails and cannot list emails.

So what is wrong? I do not know.
Hello,

Firefox saves the addresses which you create locally on your firefox profile for security reasons. Normally you should be able to create new addresses with the Firefox Add-On. You don't have to use the Options menu for this.
Simply click with right-button of the mouse above a edit field and paste a new disposable email address.

Best regards,
Admin
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

macwizard3

Post by macwizard3 » 24 Oct 2009, 12:37

I too, cannot create any trashmail addresses. I have the options set to my regular email, challenge response DISABLED, and the rest are checked on.

Options gets me the same result as the other writer, "No trashmail addresses saved on this browser"

I tried your suggestion of right-clicking over the email field, but it did NOTHING :( I tried WITHIN Firefox, and from Apple Mail (I'm using FF 3.5.2, with Trashmail 2.0.2, Mac OSX 10.5.8)

I'm pretty sure I used trashmail successfully in the past, but haven't tried in a LONG time. I always keep my extensions up-to-date.

How to fix??

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 24 Oct 2009, 12:43

macwizard3 wrote:I too, cannot create any trashmail addresses. I have the options set to my regular email, challenge response DISABLED, and the rest are checked on.

Options gets me the same result as the other writer, "No trashmail addresses saved on this browser"

I tried your suggestion of right-clicking over the email field, but it did NOTHING :( I tried WITHIN Firefox, and from Apple Mail (I'm using FF 3.5.2, with Trashmail 2.0.2, Mac OSX 10.5.8)

I'm pretty sure I used trashmail successfully in the past, but haven't tried in a LONG time. I always keep my extensions up-to-date.

How to fix??
Hello,
I use too Mac OS X and its works. I will create a screencast and post it here to show how to use the TrashMail Add-On.

Best regards,
Admin
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 24 Oct 2009, 14:54

macwizard3 wrote:I too, cannot create any trashmail addresses. I have the options set to my regular email, challenge response DISABLED, and the rest are checked on.

How to fix??
Hello,

I created quickly a screencast demo. Please take a look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBJgJRPVnLs

Best regards,
Admin
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH