v2.0: Icons in Statusbar

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

noroom

v2.0: Icons in Statusbar

Post by noroom » 12 May 2009, 21:06

Is there a way to remove/hide the icons in the Firefox status bar?

If I wanted to change the add-on's settings, I would do it via the Add-ons window in Firefox. Users rarely need one-click access to each extension's configuration window. And I only need access to the Address Manager when I'm pasting a disposable email address via the context menu, or when I'm looking at the TrashMail.net options window. Both situations already offer a button to access the Account Manager, so the statusbar icon is not necessary either.

PS: Thanks for developing and maintaining this great extension!

Admin
Site Admin

Re: v2.0: Icons in Statusbar

Post by Admin » 12 May 2009, 22:34

noroom wrote:Is there a way to remove/hide the icons in the Firefox status bar?

If I wanted to change the add-on's settings, I would do it via the Add-ons window in Firefox. Users rarely need one-click access to each extension's configuration window. And I only need access to the Address Manager when I'm pasting a disposable email address via the context menu, or when I'm looking at the TrashMail.net options window. Both situations already offer a button to access the Account Manager, so the statusbar icon is not necessary either.
Unfortunately not yet. I will ask the developper of the Add-On to add this feature for the next release. Sorry for this problem.
noroom wrote: PS: Thanks for developing and maintaining this great extension!
Thanks very much.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 12 May 2009, 22:51

Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

noroom

Post by noroom » 13 May 2009, 12:05

I'm sorry, I didn't realize the service and the Firefox extension are maintained by different people. In that case, props to the team! You're helping us get rid of spam.

Anyway, I appreciate the quick reply :D I hope to see the feature implemented soon.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 13 May 2009, 12:47

noroom wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't realize the service and the Firefox extension are maintained by different people. In that case, props to the team! You're helping us get rid of spam.

Anyway, I appreciate the quick reply :D I hope to see the feature implemented soon.
The version 1.0.13 was coded by me personally. The version 2.0.0 has been remade from scratch by the company Interclue Ltd.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

noroom

Post by noroom » 22 May 2009, 01:33

Version 2.0.1 adds an option to remove these icons.

Call me a very satisfied costumer ;)