Requests (both for FF plugin as well as the general service)

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Ben

Requests (both for FF plugin as well as the general service)

Post by Ben » 04 May 2012, 21:44

I have a couple of quick requests for Trashmail (I've been a user for quite some time)...

1. The new version of the Firefox plugin is using case for the domain names when pasting the addresses. Now, while I'm a fan of using case in general, as it makes things much easier to read - I know that not all systems play well with it. Windows servers don't care, because Windows isn't case sensitive. But Linux/Unix is - and I've seen poorly implemented systems where if you use case in your email address, it will not function correctly.

So, I would ask that the plugin be corrected to paste all email addresses in lower case, as it used to.

2. It would be nice if there was a greater influx of new domains to choose from. While not quite the same service, if you look at Mailinator, they seem to add new domains every month or so.

Trashmail doesn't need quite that much growth, but I think adding additional domains at a rate of 1-2 per year isn't unreasonable. And if you were to do this, I would request more "universal" domains - "objectmail.com" being a good example of this, as opposed to country specific or language specific (such as the "wegwerfmail.de" domains).

Thanks!

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Requests (both for FF plugin as well as the general serv

Post by Admin » 07 May 2012, 09:17

Ben wrote:I have a couple of quick requests for Trashmail (I've been a user for quite some time)...

1. The new version of the Firefox plugin is using case for the domain names when pasting the addresses. Now, while I'm a fan of using case in general, as it makes things much easier to read - I know that not all systems play well with it. Windows servers don't care, because Windows isn't case sensitive. But Linux/Unix is - and I've seen poorly implemented systems where if you use case in your email address, it will not function correctly.

So, I would ask that the plugin be corrected to paste all email addresses in lower case, as it used to.

2. It would be nice if there was a greater influx of new domains to choose from. While not quite the same service, if you look at Mailinator, they seem to add new domains every month or so.

Trashmail doesn't need quite that much growth, but I think adding additional domains at a rate of 1-2 per year isn't unreasonable. And if you were to do this, I would request more "universal" domains - "objectmail.com" being a good example of this, as opposed to country specific or language specific (such as the "wegwerfmail.de" domains).

Thanks!
Hello,

for 1:
It should not be a problem, even if you use Microsoft Exchange services. E-Mails to a domain like @TrashMail.net income to a unix SMTP server which supports case insensitive-domain names. If you get one problem that its not working because of upper case domains, please tell me, then I will add an option to disable it. For the moment I don't see which system should not work. The advantage is that many webmaster checks only for lower case domain names.

for 2:
Yes I could add a some new generic domain names.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH