Could we get a paypal / clicktobuy alternative please?

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

thegeek1977

Could we get a paypal / clicktobuy alternative please?

Post by thegeek1977 » 09 Aug 2008, 18:28

Hello.

Trashmail.net is a really nice job and I really want to subscribe to plus however I really don't like clicktobuy / paypal. I don't want a website to
remember my credit card details and i'm not too confident about Paypals security so could you please think about making a once-a-time service where the user pays with his / her credit card, got authorized and the forgotten so the credit card details is not remembered. Lots of shops can do this today by using the customers own webbank to acomplish this task. The webbank gives authorisation and allow the money transfor. That will be really nice cos services like paypal / clicktobuy who remembers credit card details really sucks.

Sincerelly thegeek1977

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Could we get a paypal / clicktobuy alternative please?

Post by Admin » 14 Aug 2008, 13:28

thegeek1977 wrote:Hello.

Trashmail.net is a really nice job and I really want to subscribe to plus however I really don't like clicktobuy / paypal. I don't want a website to
remember my credit card details and i'm not too confident about Paypals security so could you please think about making a once-a-time service where the user pays with his / her credit card, got authorized and the forgotten so the credit card details is not remembered. Lots of shops can do this today by using the customers own webbank to acomplish this task. The webbank gives authorisation and allow the money transfor. That will be really nice cos services like paypal / clicktobuy who remembers credit card details really sucks.

Sincerelly thegeek1977
Do you know an example of which website provides paying directly with credit card without registering?
Then I will show what I could do.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

thegeek1977

Post by thegeek1977 » 16 Aug 2008, 00:20

Yes I does.

This site for example http://www.turboprint.de/english.html

They validate using the customers netbank.

I Also believe that Handango does. http://www.handango.com

You do need to register but thats just at handango itself. They don't remember you password but will keep a history of
what you buy.

Best regards thegeek177

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 16 Aug 2008, 14:37

thegeek1977 wrote:Yes I does.

This site for example http://www.turboprint.de/english.html

They validate using the customers netbank.

I Also believe that Handango does. http://www.handango.com

You do need to register but thats just at handango itself. They don't remember you password but will keep a history of
what you buy.

Best regards thegeek177
I checked out turboprint.de: It seems they use Ipayment or a service of 1und1.de.
Ipayment costs 29,75 EUR per month. I'm not sure if many people will use it.

Then I checked handango.com: They store themself the E-Card information.
I will continue to check out what would be the best solution.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

aaaa

Post by aaaa » 02 Sep 2008, 07:41

I also would like to buy the trashmail service but refuse to create a PayPal account to do so. However I have purchased other software over the web via Paypal without having to create an account at the same time.

For example, attempting to buy Pukka from codesourcery goes to a PayPal page that doesn't require a registration process

http://codesorcery.net/sales

So is there something tweakable in whatever api is being used to pass sales through PayPal??

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 02 Sep 2008, 21:55

aaaa wrote:I also would like to buy the trashmail service but refuse to create a PayPal account to do so. However I have purchased other software over the web via Paypal without having to create an account at the same time.

For example, attempting to buy Pukka from codesourcery goes to a PayPal page that doesn't require a registration process

http://codesorcery.net/sales

So is there something tweakable in whatever api is being used to pass sales through PayPal??
I don't understand why I don't have this option to enable payment without registering to Paypal.
I read the english Paypal help and it should work. However somebody wrote on a german forum that german online shops does NOT have this option (WTF???): http://forums.oscommerce.de/index.php?showtopic=30705

I become crazy. I informed me also about Giropay: Its incompatible with some german banks, and I need an international solution. Why is it so difficult in Germany to have a cheap payment system?
I'm currently working on a online banking transfer solution which would be free for everyone.
There would be only the need to transfer money via IBAN/SWIFT code.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 10 Sep 2008, 22:40

I finally contacted today the support of Paypal and I got already quickly an response:
Its not possible for german Online Shop companies to have this feature enabled that customers can pay without registering to their service.
I don't know if german laws force them or what ever is the real reason. The support did not know why its so.
I contacted also other companies already for an alternative.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

thegeek1977

Post by thegeek1977 » 12 Sep 2008, 00:21

NIce to see you're working on a solution. What about transferring the site to another hosting company outside germany, would that help?

Thegeek1977

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 12 Sep 2008, 21:13

thegeek1977 wrote:NIce to see you're working on a solution. What about transferring the site to another hosting company outside germany, would that help?

Thegeek1977
The hosting company has no direct relationship with Paypal. But what could help is to open maybe a PayPal account in UK. Because TrashMail is owned by a Limited company which has also an address in UK. But its possible that when Paypal will work there, that the tax handling will be very expensive. So I'm still searching for a solution in Germany.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH