Managing Multiple Trashmail Domains

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

colceh

Managing Multiple Trashmail Domains

Post by colceh » 21 Aug 2011, 20:42

Two questions, actually:

1) Whenever I create a new disposable address, the default is to create multiple disposables each with the same userid but many domains - I think the current default is eleven. I do not want or need eleven addresses created and have no intention of EVER using any trashmail disposable in a domain OTHER THAN @trashmail.net. Is it possible to have every request for a new disposable to result in only ONE new address, ending in @trashmail.net? I'm a PLUS user and have space for 2500 addresses but if 10 of every 11 addresses I create are done so needlessly, it sure complicates my online address manager use and wastes your space and processing.

2) In the same thought, using the online address manager, can I go in and manually delete every disposable that does NOT end in @trashmail.net with NO risk of the system deleting the equivalent @trashmail.net address that I need to keep? That is, if the system sees me manually deleting, for example, <whatever>@kurzpost.de, is there a chance it would automatically also delete <whatever>@trashmail.net with NO such specific manual instruction to do so from me?

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Managing Multiple Trashmail Domains

Post by Admin » 03 Oct 2011, 14:13

colceh wrote:Two questions, actually:

1) Whenever I create a new disposable address, the default is to create multiple disposables each with the same userid but many domains - I think the current default is eleven. I do not want or need eleven addresses created and have no intention of EVER using any trashmail disposable in a domain OTHER THAN @trashmail.net. Is it possible to have every request for a new disposable to result in only ONE new address, ending in @trashmail.net? I'm a PLUS user and have space for 2500 addresses but if 10 of every 11 addresses I create are done so needlessly, it sure complicates my online address manager use and wastes your space and processing.

2) In the same thought, using the online address manager, can I go in and manually delete every disposable that does NOT end in @trashmail.net with NO risk of the system deleting the equivalent @trashmail.net address that I need to keep? That is, if the system sees me manually deleting, for example, <whatever>@kurzpost.de, is there a chance it would automatically also delete <whatever>@trashmail.net with NO such specific manual instruction to do so from me?
I answer to your questions:
1) The 10 domains per address has been created only once when migrating the system from domain independent names to domain dependent names. You can delete all addresses which you don't need.

2) No, if you delete a for example a kurzepost.de address, it would only delete that redirection. It would not delete the trashmail.net address.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH