SERVER POWER OUTAGE!!!

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Admin
Site Admin

SERVER POWER OUTAGE!!!

Post by Admin » 01 Jun 2008, 16:48

Hello all,

TrashMail is hosted in a professional datacenter with anti-power outage systems (UPS and Diesel tanks).
For unkown reasons the server had a power outage without warning today at 14:04 (CET).
Result: We lost data and mails: I have recovered all data and mails up to 01. June 00:05 (CET). Every data input received in our database has been lost. All emails incoming after 14:04 have been rejected because SMTP server was running with a broken database. So no account was known. The SMTP server rejected every email. I have know recovered everything up to 01. June 00:05 (CET). Sorry for this problem.
I will ask my datacenter provider why this has happen.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Re: SERVER POWER OUTAGE!!!

Post by Admin » 02 Jun 2008, 10:05

Admin wrote:Hello all,

TrashMail is hosted in a professional datacenter with anti-power outage systems (UPS and Diesel tanks).
For unkown reasons the server had a power outage without warning today at 14:04 (CET).
Result: We lost data and mails: I have recovered all data and mails up to 01. June 00:05 (CET). Every data input received in our database has been lost. All emails incoming after 14:04 have been rejected because SMTP server was running with a broken database. So no account was known. The SMTP server rejected every email. I have know recovered everything up to 01. June 00:05 (CET). Sorry for this problem.
Lufthansa Systems had also an outage at the same day. They are hosted in the same datacenter. I'm asking me if there is a relationship between the two outages?

Lufthansa Systems outage:
Source: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/Computer ... ung/108801
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Re: SERVER POWER OUTAGE!!!

Post by Admin » 03 Jun 2008, 08:39

Admin wrote:Hello all,

I got now a first answer of the support of my hosting provider Colo24:
They say that T-Systems made a mistake in a work on the powerlines.
Only one of two powerlines were concerned. Unfortunately TrashMail uses a "cheap" server which don't has a redunant powersupply with two power connectors. However I will get later an official statement of T-Systems.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH