Login problems

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Paul44070

Login problems

Post by Paul44070 » 24 Mar 2011, 00:17

The latest update of the Firefox extension (2.5.2) asks me for a login name and password.
I wish I knew what to enter there, since nothing that I put there works for my (paid) account.

The login tab at http://www.trashmail.net won't accept my information manually, and the Firefox extension doesn't accept anything that I try either.
The links in the status emails that I receive, and the emails confirming my recent changes in passwords, will log me in if I use them.

Maybe I'm not entering the correct information?
So, is "Username" of the type: [email protected] ?
That's what I'm trying, although I've tried other there things as well.
The emails that confirm my last password change list my password, so I'm assuming the password is correct.

Luckily, when I reverted to the previous version (2.0.4), my information seems to be intact on the Options page.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Login problems

Post by Admin » 24 Mar 2011, 08:07

Paul44070 wrote:The latest update of the Firefox extension (2.5.2) asks me for a login name and password.
I wish I knew what to enter there, since nothing that I put there works for my (paid) account.

The login tab at http://www.trashmail.net won't accept my information manually, and the Firefox extension doesn't accept anything that I try either.
The links in the status emails that I receive, and the emails confirming my recent changes in passwords, will log me in if I use them.

Maybe I'm not entering the correct information?
So, is "Username" of the type: [email protected] ?
That's what I'm trying, although I've tried other there things as well.
The emails that confirm my last password change list my password, so I'm assuming the password is correct.

Luckily, when I reverted to the previous version (2.0.4), my information seems to be intact on the Options page.
Hello,

thanks for being TrashMail Plus member.

since version 2.5.0 we use now a central login and password authentification for all disposable email addresses.
For customers who don't have a central login and password simply create first time one by clicking on "Register" at the Firefox Add-On or on the frontpage https://ssl.trashmail.net by clicking on the Tab "Register".

Register tab on the frontend page at https://ssl.trashmail.net :
screenshot.png
Screenshot
screenshot.png (27.52 KiB) Viewed 34915 times
or in the firefox add-on:
Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-24 um 08.09.16.png
Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-24 um 08.09.16.png (52.67 KiB) Viewed 34915 times
Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-24 um 08.09.24.png
Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-24 um 08.09.24.png (54 KiB) Viewed 34915 times
Than fill in the information and put inside the field "Real email address" the real email address you use for your TrashMail Plus account.

Then you will get a confirmation email with a link where you only need to click on the confirmation link then you have registered a central login and password name.
With this login you will be able to control all your existing disposable email addresses on the frontpage and the Firefox Add-On.

I hope this helped.

Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Paul44070

Post by Paul44070 » 24 Mar 2011, 15:10

Thanks. I'm now registered.
I would like to mention, for the benefit of others who may read this, that the "Username" is not of the form:
[email protected]
Leave off the "@trashmail.net" portion, and just use the "xxxxxx".

don2737

Post by don2737 » 25 Mar 2011, 21:18

I am a paid "plus" user. I cannot get registered after today's update of my firefox extension.
I did as above, and the confirmation e-mail came. But when I click on the activation link, it brings me to a page with:
"Error: Invalid confirmation URL link or email address already confirmed."

I still cannot get registered.

Don

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 25 Mar 2011, 21:32

don2737 wrote:I am a paid "plus" user. I cannot get registered after today's update of my firefox extension.
I did as above, and the confirmation e-mail came. But when I click on the activation link, it brings me to a page with:
"Error: Invalid confirmation URL link or email address already confirmed."

I still cannot get registered.

Don
Hello,

thanks for being TrashMail Plus member.
This is strange: Could you please send me the original e-mail with the confirmation link to [email protected]? I will then fix the bug immediately.

Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

mfs

Post by mfs » 26 Mar 2011, 11:43

I had the same problem: registered, used activation link ==> "Error: Invalid confirmation URL link or email address already confirmed." (however in german).

I tried it with several usernames under the assumption that the ones I tried were already given to other users (there is NO indication whether a username is already taken! This should be fixed!). This error message opened a new tab in Firefox (my configuration), so when I later closed that tab, I suddenly saw a message on an older tab "<mail-address> accepted for user <one-of-my-usernames>". So I tried it one more time, and indeed, I got TWO tabs! The first saying "accepted", the second one saying "invalid". As the second tab overlayed the first one, I didn't notice the confirmation until much later.

So now a have a new problem: I have several usernames and don't know how to get rid of the surplus.

Regards, mfs

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 03 Apr 2011, 20:18

mfs wrote: So now a have a new problem: I have several usernames and don't know how to get rid of the surplus.
Simply ignore the multiple usernames. I have to implement this delete feature in future.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Please download version 2.5.4

Post by Admin » 03 Apr 2011, 20:19

2.5.4 has been released and resolves all your problems:
https://ssl.trashmail.net/forum/viewtop ... f=3&t=2046
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

mcarrera

Post by mcarrera » 06 Apr 2011, 11:44

Hi, I am also a plus member.

I cannot login using the Firefox Addon (v. 2.5.2). I enter my username and password, hit the login button, but the form keeps saying "loading" until I cancel the operation.

I am using Firefox 3.6.16 on Linux Ubuntu 10.10.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Marco

Rastus

Post by Rastus » 07 Apr 2011, 21:27

I entered the wrong address to subscribe 2 weeks ago. Now the login screen pops up and disappears. You guys screwed up a good thing trying to re-engineer what was not broken in the first place.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 10 Apr 2011, 21:26

Rastus wrote:I entered the wrong address to subscribe 2 weeks ago. Now the login screen pops up and disappears. You guys screwed up a good thing trying to re-engineer what was not broken in the first place.
Please click in the menu of Firefox on TrashMail menu item icon, then "Open Welcome Window"
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 10 Apr 2011, 21:26

mcarrera wrote:Hi, I am also a plus member.

I cannot login using the Firefox Addon (v. 2.5.2). I enter my username and password, hit the login button, but the form keeps saying "loading" until I cancel the operation.

I am using Firefox 3.6.16 on Linux Ubuntu 10.10.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Marco
Please retry it with v2.5.4. It no more uses Cookies.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH