How To Reply Using Email Client

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

mr-flot

How To Reply Using Email Client

Post by mr-flot » 13 Aug 2010, 05:50

I recently received an email to a Trashmail address with "undisclosed recipients" in the "To" field.
When I click Reply the recipients address shows without any Trashmail inclusions, i.e. it will not go via Trashmail.

Is there a format that I can use in my recipients "To:" field to force this email to go via my Trashmail address.

I'm using the latest Mozilla Thunderbird.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: How To Reply Using Email Client

Post by Admin » 13 Aug 2010, 08:22

mr-flot wrote:I recently received an email to a Trashmail address with "undisclosed recipients" in the "To" field.
When I click Reply the recipients address shows without any Trashmail inclusions, i.e. it will not go via Trashmail.

Is there a format that I can use in my recipients "To:" field to force this email to go via my Trashmail address.

I'm using the latest Mozilla Thunderbird.
For the moment there is only the possibility that in this case you reply with the web form of your TrashMail address.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

mr-flot

Post by mr-flot » 13 Aug 2010, 09:32

Thank you for that.
Since posting I found an email that allowed me to reply via my Trashmail address, these are my observations.
The senders address was (not real) [email protected],
When I clicked reply this address was entered in my email client's "To:" field: [email protected]

So the question now is if I compose an email and send it to [email protected] and providing I have the email address [email protected], will that email go to [email protected] and show my email address as [email protected] ?

I hope that makes sense, a little too much champers and red tonight - German wheat beer is great too, had that last night.

rjohnson

Post by rjohnson » 03 Oct 2012, 23:23

In the past, when I used Mozilla Thunderbird's "Reply to Sender" feature, it entered an address something like the one ("mytrashaddress.reply.a1b2_at_gmail.com@wegwerfmail . net") you mention in the "To" field.

However, currently (in Thunderbird 15.0.1, portable [PortableApps] version), that no longer works for me.

Now, "Reply to Sender" just enters the real E-mail address, such as "a1b2@gmail . com"

I don't know for how long this has been the case.

Does anyone else experience the same problem with Thunderbird?

Thank you.

- rjohnson
- USA
mr-flot wrote:Thank you for that.
Since posting I found an email that allowed me to reply via my Trashmail address, these are my observations.
The senders address was (not real) a1b2@gmail . com,
When I clicked reply this address was entered in my email client's "To:" field: mytrashaddress.reply.a1b2_at_gmail.com@wegwerfmail . net

So the question now is if I compose an email and send it to poobah.reply.a1b2_at_gmail.com@wegerfmail . net and providing I have the email address [email protected], will that email go to [email protected] and show my email address as poobah@wegwerfmail . net ?

I hope that makes sense, a little too much champers and red tonight - German wheat beer is great too, had that last night.

mr-flot

Post by mr-flot » 27 Oct 2012, 06:01

Appears to have been fixed in 16.0.1 but I noticed it does not happen with all emails.
Attachments
tb_reply.png
tb_reply.png (114.03 KiB) Viewed 21574 times

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 29 Oct 2012, 12:01

This seems to be a Thunderbird problem.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH