Resend Registration Emails

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Ben2K

Resend Registration Emails

Post by Ben2K » 20 Jul 2010, 08:04

Thanks for opening up the system for unpaid registrations. One suggestion though: you need to add an option to re-send the confirmation emails. Sometimes they get swallowed down the spam filter, and sometimes they get caught in gray-list systems.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Resend Registration Emails

Post by Admin » 20 Jul 2010, 08:32

Ben2K wrote:Thanks for opening up the system for unpaid registrations. One suggestion though: you need to add an option to re-send the confirmation emails. Sometimes they get swallowed down the spam filter, and sometimes they get caught in gray-list systems.
Normally you can repeat the operation after 48 hours.
Repeating it directly is not possible because then it would make no more sense to use a double-opt-in mechanism. The reason why it is so is to avoid that spammers send registration messages to honey pots to get TrashMail blacklisted on RBLs.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Ben2K

Post by Ben2K » 20 Jul 2010, 23:18

Admin wrote:Normally you can repeat the operation after 48 hours.
Repeating it directly is not possible because then it would make no more sense to use a double-opt-in mechanism. The reason why it is so is to avoid that spammers send registration messages to honey pots to get TrashMail blacklisted on RBLs.
FWIW, I've tried to register now using two different email addresses, in tow different domains, and have not gotten a confirmation email for either attempt. Are you sure the system is working?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 21 Jul 2010, 08:23

Ben2K wrote:
Admin wrote:Normally you can repeat the operation after 48 hours.
FWIW, I've tried to register now using two different email addresses, in tow different domains, and have not gotten a confirmation email for either attempt. Are you sure the system is working?
I just tested it with my @hotmail.com test address. It works.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Inlovewithnight

Post by Inlovewithnight » 22 Jul 2010, 02:39

I've also tried to register, but keep receiving this error in regard to my user name. My username does not contain any spaces or <" or ">" characters. How can this be corrected please? Thank you.

Error: The username should not contain spaces, "<" or ">" characters.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 22 Jul 2010, 08:34

Inlovewithnight wrote:I've also tried to register, but keep receiving this error in regard to my user name. My username does not contain any spaces or <" or ">" characters. How can this be corrected please? Thank you.

Error: The username should not contain spaces, "<" or ">" characters.
Bug fixed. Sorry for this problem.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH