Replies via trashmail never received

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

someofallthings

Replies via trashmail never received

Post by someofallthings » 24 Dec 2020, 18:59

Hi - For some reason, when I reply via yahoo mail to an email originally sent to my trashmail address, the reply is never received. That is, the original sender sends to my trashmail address, which forwards to my yahoo email client. I receive it fine. I reply to it from yahoo, and that reply has the long email address that trashmail supposedly replaces when it gets processed. However, that reply is never received by the original sender.

Have tried it with the sender using both gmail and yahoo. They've checked their spam and searched their email in case it somehow went somewhere else. The replies are not making it to them.

I have a Plus account, and the address is set up with unlimited forwarding, Rewrite From Header and Rewrite To Header are both checked in email processing. This has worked in the past - so I'm not sure what has changed.

someofallthings

Re: Replies via trashmail never received

Post by someofallthings » 26 Dec 2020, 20:17

To add more information, I eventually received a failure notice that the reply message could not be delivered, in this format:

<MyEmailAddressName.reply.RecipientsEmailName_at_gmail_com@proxymail.eu>:

Should I turn off email processing of Read and/or Sent email in trashmail?

someofallthings

Post by someofallthings » 17 Feb 2021, 18:55

This is still a problem. Is there no support for this product even for people paying for the premium version?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 20 Feb 2021, 10:22

Please write to [email protected], I will debug it directly with you.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH