Logging In with Password Manager

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

mr-flot

Logging In with Password Manager

Post by mr-flot » 15 Nov 2020, 05:47

Hi, I'm a Trashmail Plus user.
I use Roboform as a password manager.

With the new website, when I'm logging in the home page is "Main Page", "Quick" tab.

Needless to say the info entered by the password manager is rejected.

In order to enter my details I have to click on the "Address Manager" tab and then use the password manager's button.
Is it possible to modify the home page so that there is a direct link to "Address Manager"?

I had no issues with the old website as entry to the "Address Page" was available on the home page screen.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Logging In with Password Manager

Post by Admin » 11 Jan 2021, 18:41

If you use the TrashMail Addon, you can log directly with the addon.
However I added your wish on my todo list.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

jongrose

Post by jongrose » 23 Jan 2022, 12:07

That's strange. I'm a Roboform user in Opera browser. When I go to "Address Manager", the little Roboform icon pops up beside the username, I click it, it fills it in and logs me in just fine.

You might want to make sure you have the latest version of Roboform and your browser installed.

If that doesn't work, I'd give your system and browsers a good thorough scrub with CCleaner. I recommend the winapp2.ini addon as it adds TON more things it can clean up to CCleaner. Just download winapp2.ini, then move it to the CCleaner folder under Program Files. It will prompt you for admin access to put it there.

Then just open CCleaner and check all the boxes. A good rule of thumb is if you click on something and a warning box pops up, just uncheck that and just move on.

CCleaner has some other cool features, like the ability to securely wipe the HDD with like some Nwipe algorithms that overwrite the files a set number of times. If you're on an SSD I don't recommend you use this, and if you really feel you have to just use level 1. Just be careful what you check, as it might delete something you really don't want it to delete. I also don't recommend the secure wiping for SSDs since they have finite reads and writes it can make and then it just dies. You can edit system settings to edit all the files in the system startup, Scheduled Tasks, your Context Menu and enabling or disabling Windows Services. It has a drive wiper, I would recommend you run this every now and then if you have an ATA hard drive. Just do Free Space Only and leave it on at 3 passes. it will make the files deleted to the point where forensic police software can't even see it. So, that free space wasn't always free space lot of that wasn't always free space. Some of it had software you uninstalled and documents you deleted. That securely wipes the choices you selected with highly advanced algorithms and multiple passes to delete the same area on your HDD, and that makes it unavailable for forensic software to to find it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nwipe#Erasing_methods

And just to get it out now before someone asks, no I have no business relationship w/CCleaner to go around and promote their product. 😁 That would be a violation of new laws implemented by the FTC.

[1/2]

jongrose

Post by jongrose » 23 Jan 2022, 12:22

The only thing I don't really like is it's registry cleaner, so for that I use Wise Registry Cleaner. You can create a system restore and do a full registry backup before you start. But it has a System Tuneup which has some really good performance and optimization tweaks that really work and this is in the freeware version.

Here's an image of it, as this forum won't let me post a thumbnail or anything else: https://ibb.co/5cyd8Bc

If all else fails, you can uninstall and reinstall Roboform. I'd recommend using Geek Uninstaller as it will look for traces of anything left over the uninstaller missed. It's just a single exe file, so just drop it on your Desktop, rename it from geek.exe to Geek Uninstaller.exe and use it anytime you need to uninstall something.

Anyway, I hope some of that helps. Best of luck.

[2/2]