Restore Deleted (Expired) Trashmail Address

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

BillyJohn3000

Restore Deleted (Expired) Trashmail Address

Post by BillyJohn3000 » 13 Jul 2010, 08:28

In the list of features for Trashmail, it says:
Address name reservation for 365 days
After a TrashMail address has been deleted, the TrashMail address name will be reserved for 365 days for the real e-mail address from which it was used last time before it will be released for other real e-mail addresses.
I have a Trashmail Plus account, and today I received an email which informed me that one of my Trashmail addresses had been deleted (time expired). So now I have a question and a suggestion for a new feature.

The question is, since the address name will be reserved for 365 days, is there any way to reactivate the deleted address so that it points back to my email address?

The feature suggestion is to add an option to send an email notification before a Trashmail address is about to expire.

To be specific, I did not want this Trashmail address to expire. It was simply an oversight that I forgot to adjust the Expire Date to Unlimited. If I'd had the option to receive some notification prior to it's expiration, I would have corrected the Expire Date and the address would have not been deleted.

I really like Trashmail, and am thrilled to have discovered it. :)

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Restore Deleted (Expired) Trashmail Address

Post by Admin » 13 Jul 2010, 08:58

BillyJohn3000 wrote:In the list of features for Trashmail, it says:
Address name reservation for 365 days
After a TrashMail address has been deleted, the TrashMail address name will be reserved for 365 days for the real e-mail address from which it was used last time before it will be released for other real e-mail addresses.
I have a Trashmail Plus account, and today I received an email which informed me that one of my Trashmail addresses had been deleted (time expired). So now I have a question and a suggestion for a new feature.

The question is, since the address name will be reserved for 365 days, is there any way to reactivate the deleted address so that it points back to my email address?

The feature suggestion is to add an option to send an email notification before a Trashmail address is about to expire.

To be specific, I did not want this Trashmail address to expire. It was simply an oversight that I forgot to adjust the Expire Date to Unlimited. If I'd had the option to receive some notification prior to it's expiration, I would have corrected the Expire Date and the address would have not been deleted.

I really like Trashmail, and am thrilled to have discovered it. :)
This would be usefull. We will build in this feature.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

BillyJohn3000

Post by BillyJohn3000 » 13 Jul 2010, 09:40

That's great! I'm looking forward to it!

And it's pretty cool to hear that the dev team is so receptive to suggestions. :D

Just curious though, is there any way to restore the deleted address since it's still "reserved" for 365 days? :?:

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 13 Jul 2010, 11:33

BillyJohn3000 wrote:That's great! I'm looking forward to it!

And it's pretty cool to hear that the dev team is so receptive to suggestions. :D

Just curious though, is there any way to restore the deleted address since it's still "reserved" for 365 days? :?:
Unfortunately not. Only the name is reserved for your real email address that not another person steal it.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

BillyJohn3000

Post by BillyJohn3000 » 13 Jul 2010, 12:20

Admin wrote:
BillyJohn3000 wrote:Just curious though, is there any way to restore the deleted address since it's still "reserved" for 365 days? :?:
Unfortunately not. Only the name is reserved for your real email address that not another person steal it.
Darn! OK, well, at least I've learned from this, and from now on I'll make sure to always set unlimited for any new addresses that I want to keep.

Thanks