TrashMail.net costs now for everybody

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: TrashMail.net costs now for everybody

Post by Admin » 12 Jul 2010, 22:25

noodle wrote:No paypal so guess it's goodbye.

Was nice when it was working.
Paypal is available. Which payment service do you prefer?
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

noodle

Post by noodle » 12 Jul 2010, 22:55

I have no online payment accounts. Had a made a Paypal account and they limited it a month later with it have never have been used because they said there was fraud and refused to try and fix it or give me a answer to what was the fraud. So I'm never gonna use another online payment service.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 12 Jul 2010, 22:58

noodle wrote:I have no online payment accounts. Had a made a Paypal account and they limited it a month later with it have never have been used because they said there was fraud and refused to try and fix it or give me a answer to what was the fraud. So I'm never gonna use another online payment service.
If you live in Germany you can pay too with phone bill. Where do you live?
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

noodle

Post by noodle » 12 Jul 2010, 23:25

States. No offense I used it cause it was free. If I wanted to pay for temp addresses Yahoo plus had it.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 13 Jul 2010, 09:00

noodle wrote:States. No offense I used it cause it was free. If I wanted to pay for temp addresses Yahoo plus had it.
Yahoo Plus does no more exists.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

noodle

Post by noodle » 13 Jul 2010, 15:57

Admin wrote:
noodle wrote:States. No offense I used it cause it was free. If I wanted to pay for temp addresses Yahoo plus had it.
Yahoo Plus does no more exists.
They must have stopped it in some places but kept it in others .
Attachments
Yahoo-plus.gif
Yahoo plus
Yahoo-plus.gif (11.88 KiB) Viewed 30965 times

davros

Post by davros » 13 Jul 2010, 20:25

you obviously have a right to switch to a pay service but to do it overnight with no warning is very lame. so long trashmail.

Saxtus

Post by Saxtus » 13 Jul 2010, 23:09

davros wrote:to do it overnight with no warning is very lame.
I have to agree with this statement.

Womble

Post by Womble » 14 Jul 2010, 02:08

Saxtus wrote:
I have to admit, I see both sides. I too am sad that the free service went away, but I see
why the admins had to do something quick to stop the spammer(s). In the early posts it
wasn't clear that the free service would return. In later posts amin says it will, so thank
you for the intention and hopefully it will return quickly.

BTW, thank you for running the site and service and providing some decent level of
service for free!

Bob

Post by Bob » 14 Jul 2010, 06:51

Hi,

you wrote that you can't add a CAPTCHA, but what about a simple math task like "summate five and two"?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 14 Jul 2010, 08:37

Saxtus wrote:
The alternative was that my two different hosting services put offline the servers.
Its not acceptable for our customers who paid for this service. We have to guarantee that the server runs for everybody who contributed with money.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 14 Jul 2010, 08:40

Bob wrote:Hi,

you wrote that you can't add a CAPTCHA, but what about a simple math task like "summate five and two"?
It would require to built this in the Firefox Add-on and many other tools who uses TrashMail. Unfortunately Mozilla takes one month to accept a version update.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Fum

Post by Fum » 15 Jul 2010, 13:46

I'm happy that you will (someday) add the free functionality back. One suggestion to prevent spamming:
Create new version of Firefox plugin and host it on your site as well as add a link to it on Mozilla so that users can get it before Mozilla accepts the update.
Then make every user have to register an account with a CAPTCHA or not really. The registration will require you to enter at least 1 e-mail address and then click a confirmation address from each e-mail to approve.
That way, with the Firefox plugin users will first enter their login and password, and then when creating disposable address it will be possible to select from a list to which e-mail address you want it to be forwarded.

It's just a small suggestion with no real-life knowledge about how things are done, but it seems reasonably easy except for the hundred of thousands of new accounts that will need to be handled..

Anyway. Thank you for creating and running trashmail!

lighten up

Post by lighten up » 17 Jul 2010, 07:25

Hope things can get back to normal soon, appreciate all your efforts with this nice add-on.

algazelle

Post by algazelle » 17 Jul 2010, 11:37

I went to have a look since I am a seldom user of free service and wondered what had happened. But what I see is what I already saw quite too often: actually, when you do things for free, you are NEVER respected. You always meet people that believe you owe them everything. If you give something for free, the day you stop, you are hated.

Best wishes to trashmail