TrashMail.net costs now for everybody

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Admin
Site Admin

TrashMail.net costs now for everybody

Post by Admin » 09 Jul 2010, 18:50

I had unfortunately urgently to disable free service mode and to increase the prices by factor 3 because someone is sending out spam with the free service option.
The prices have been increased by factor 3 to prevent spammer to create a lot of TrashMail plus accounts for nothing.
Unfortuanately TrashMail.net has no double-opt-in technic when an email address will be created. A spammer created an address with a redirection to a normal email address to send spam via the forwarding mechanism. Spamcop.net reported now our IP address.

We have first to implement a double-opt-in mechanism to prevent that trashmail.net forward automatic spam mails. They land in Spamcop's & Co. honeypot emails and will then ban our IP address.
We have a lot of customers who paid for this service and we would like to guarantee a high availability.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Saxtus

Re: TrashMail.net costs now for everybody

Post by Saxtus » 09 Jul 2010, 20:21

Long existing customers can renew for the old price?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 09 Jul 2010, 20:52

Saxtus wrote:Long existing customers can renew for the old price?
I would like so. For this I need to update the software code. Once this is done, I would like to offer this for the old prices.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Was a free trashmail user - and looking for a free trashmail replacement - fix free trashmail please for us all

Post by Was a free trashmail user - and looking for a free trashmail replacement - fix free trashmail please for us all » 11 Jul 2010, 13:38

Sorry a long time but not frequent free user of trashmail to see this happen. I'm sure you could easily overcome this but seemingly more interested in money. Money the root of all evil = wars and such, but hey we all need it to live (which is sad).

Don't let the idiot spammer rule your life or trashmail. Have some balls and fix the problem, then continue the free and pay services, it is easy as. :-)

Post by Guest » 11 Jul 2010, 16:34

Too bad that everybody has to pay now. But well, there are still hundreds of other trashmail websites out there. Bummer, I actually always liked trashmail.net.

carpediem12

Post by carpediem12 » 12 Jul 2010, 08:28

How long the Free service will stay disabled?

disappointed_user

Post by disappointed_user » 12 Jul 2010, 08:39

Long-time user, first-time poster.
A spammer created an address with a redirection to a normal email address to send spam via the forwarding mechanism.
Simply requiring users to sign-up for free and having some proper CAPTCHA, double opt-in etc will be enough to deter any spammer (aka if I want to receive forwarded mail to my [email protected] I need to verify that and sign-up first). If they can't automate it they will stop. I would also recommend physically separating (IP/Domains) paid and free users.

I am a free user who just installed http://www.quickinbox.com/to FireFox - not as good as your plugin - but it's something for the time being.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 12 Jul 2010, 09:47

carpediem12 wrote:How long the Free service will stay disabled?
I will add a double-opt-in mechanism as fast as possible. But first I need to update the software code that long time customers can continue to use the service for old prices.
Unfortunately I can't add CAPTCHA codes because Firefox Add-On and a lot of other programs which uses the API don't support the CAPTCHA mechanism.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 12 Jul 2010, 09:48

Guest wrote:Too bad that everybody has to pay now. But well, there are still hundreds of other trashmail websites out there. Bummer, I actually always liked trashmail.net.
Yes, but this other free services closes, opens and are down all the time. Additionally they provide no data privacy because the owners of this sites are unknown. They have no legal notices on their web page.
For important and serious email usage I highly recommend to use a commercial solution.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 12 Jul 2010, 09:49

Was a free trashmail user - and looking for a free trashmail replacement - fix free trashmail please for us all wrote:Sorry a long time but not frequent free user of trashmail to see this happen. I'm sure you could easily overcome this but seemingly more interested in money. Money the root of all evil = wars and such, but hey we all need it to live (which is sad).

Don't let the idiot spammer rule your life or trashmail. Have some balls and fix the problem, then continue the free and pay services, it is easy as. :-)
Unfortunately food, lawyers and data centers are not free too.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Grumpster

Post by Grumpster » 12 Jul 2010, 13:20

I have been a long time user of the free service and have enjoyed it very much. Will there be an option for long time free users to sign up at the old price or will that option only be available to current paid users?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 12 Jul 2010, 13:49

Grumpster wrote:I have been a long time user of the free service and have enjoyed it very much. Will there be an option for long time free users to sign up at the old price or will that option only be available to current paid users?
The old prices will only be available for the paid users. New prices will stay.
As soon we have implemented the double-opt-in mechanism you can re-use the service for free as before.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

free: hahaha

Post by free: hahaha » 12 Jul 2010, 17:28

To cite your headline:

TrashMail - Free temporary email forwarding!

What a rubbish!
Just usual "free" blah to tell people after a while: well life is expensive and unfortuanately ...

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 12 Jul 2010, 20:42

free: hahaha wrote:To cite your headline:

TrashMail - Free temporary email forwarding!

What a rubbish!
Just usual "free" blah to tell people after a while: well life is expensive and unfortuanately ...
We just removed the word "free". Thanks for reporting it.
We will re-offer a free service as soon as possible.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

noodle

Post by noodle » 12 Jul 2010, 22:16

No paypal so guess it's goodbye.

Was nice when it was working.