New account creation is very slow

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Post Reply
Z
Posts: 189
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 10:28
Contact:

New account creation is very slow

Post by Z » 26 Feb 2008, 12:08

It'll take more than three minutes to create new account. So there must be something wrong?

Could you take alook what's wrong.

Some users might think that system isn't working at all. Because it's a very long delay. It should be something less than 100ms.

- Thanks!

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1241
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 08:55
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: New account creation is very slow

Post by Admin » 01 Mar 2008, 22:35

Z wrote:It'll take more than three minutes to create new account. So there must be something wrong?

Could you take alook what's wrong.

Some users might think that system isn't working at all. Because it's a very long delay. It should be something less than 100ms.

- Thanks!
Thanks for the message. The problem is fixed. One problem was that the data in the database was fragmented.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

TonyK
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Mar 2008, 22:23

Re: New account creation is very slow

Post by TonyK » 11 Mar 2008, 22:30

Hi,

Just logged on the trashmail.net for disposable email, and cant seem to find a way to change my password to my own choice. So, I logged on there, and now cant find a way to post. No instructions for posting. Can you please show me how to post here, and more importantly, how do I change my password in my disposable email account?? Thanks.

Tony

Z
Posts: 189
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 10:28
Contact:

Re: New account creation is very slow

Post by Z » 12 Mar 2008, 07:25

How about instead of looking for "post" button you would look for text "send email". It'll fix the first problem.

And yes, you're right there is no way to change password at the moment. For some reason I haven't ever even though about that. Because I prefer clicking login link. And if I have lost it. I simply send one email to my self. Then I have completed my password recovery process and at the same instant get nice login link. As bonus I don't need to think about using passwords.

For other purposes if I need to login on field, I naturally create another account. There is no limit for that. Using same account for multiple purposes isn't the main goal. Because then you loose the advantage what trashmail.net is offering. (Separate email address for what so ever purposes and for every contact)

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1241
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 08:55
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: New account creation is very slow

Post by Admin » 12 Mar 2008, 22:25

TonyK wrote:Hi,

Just logged on the trashmail.net for disposable email, and cant seem to find a way to change my password to my own choice. So, I logged on there, and now cant find a way to post. No instructions for posting. Can you please show me how to post here, and more importantly, how do I change my password in my disposable email account?? Thanks.

Tony
Hi,
you are right, there is for the moment no way to change the password. I think its on the Todo list. I would like soon to update the trashmail software. I have now an integration server. :D It means I will no more work directly on the production as before.

For the forum: I don't understand your question, you mean you don't know if there are some rules for posting here? I have never had the time to write rules.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Z
Posts: 189
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 10:28
Contact:

Re: New account creation is very slow

Post by Z » 13 Mar 2008, 10:10

This thread was about system being slow. I don't why, but this forum is extremely slow. Most requests take up to two minutes. Which is way of from "user is getting really annoyed because of slowness" chart.

When I press Submit button to send this post. I'm going to grab a cup of coffee before post is done. ;)

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1241
Joined: 16 Jun 2006, 08:55
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: New account creation is very slow

Post by Admin » 13 Mar 2008, 21:45

Z wrote:This thread was about system being slow. I don't why, but this forum is extremely slow. Most requests take up to two minutes. Which is way of from "user is getting really annoyed because of slowness" chart.

When I press Submit button to send this post. I'm going to grab a cup of coffee before post is done. ;)
Ok I highly optimized now TrashMail.net:
The account creation should be by now at least factor x14 faster!!!
TrashMail.net should run now at VERY HIGH SPEED!!!
Goal: Handling of at least over 1000 spam mails/min without any kind of speed decrease!
Before optimization the SMTP server stalled at more than 650 spam mails/min.
Now I'm curious to know how will impact the new performance improovements. :D
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Post Reply