Unable to reply to messages - delivery failed

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

greatdeals_007

Unable to reply to messages - delivery failed

Post by greatdeals_007 » 21 Nov 2007, 18:24

I am using thunderbird and receive emails to my trashmail account okay. when I reply to those messages I get a delivery failed message.
I notice in the reply to section that it will display something like

[email protected]

could this be the problem? shouldn't it show correct syntax i.e. [email protected]

any suggestions? thank you

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to reply to messages - delivery failed

Post by Admin » 21 Nov 2007, 19:50

greatdeals_007 wrote:I am using thunderbird and receive emails to my trashmail account okay. when I reply to those messages I get a delivery failed message.
I notice in the reply to section that it will display something like

[email protected]

could this be the problem? shouldn't it show correct syntax i.e. [email protected]

any suggestions? thank you
Hi,
the correct email should be:
$TRASHMAIL_USER.reply.$[email protected]

and $TRASHMAIL_USER is replaced by your trashmail user address, and $FROM_EMAIL_ADDRESS is replaced with the email address given in the From: header of the incoming email.
The "@" character is replaced by "at" and dots "." are replaced by underscore "_".
If this is not shown in your message, then there was probably a parsing error at TrashMail. In this case you have the second possibility to use the webmail interface of ssl.trashmail.net to send manually an email to the user.

A last thing:
Incoming emails from Ebay are no more accepted because Ebay sent E-Mails without correct hostnames.
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH