Custom domain names (beta testing)

This is a general forum about all topics, i.e. TrashMail.net, spam mails, email protection, privacy and other things.

Admin
Site Admin

Custom domain names (beta testing)

Post by Admin » 12 Feb 2017, 00:06

Dear TrashMail customers,

we have now implemented custom domain names. Its currently under beta testing, but you can already try it if it works. Use now your own domain name with TrashMail. Simply check out the Web-Address-Manager and click on "Account"->"Add custom domain name".
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Saxtus

Re: Custom domain names (beta testing)

Post by Saxtus » 13 Feb 2017, 14:41

Hello Stephan,

Thank you for this new feature.
I did a test with mail-tester.com and found out that the outgoing IP is blacklisted in SORBS.
Can be done anything out that?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 13 Feb 2017, 22:27

Hello,

only a.mxout.trashmail.com is listed at SORBS. Unfortunately I can't delist it, only the net block administrator.
Do you have some delivering problems?
Best regards,
Stephan Ferraro
Founder of TrashMail.com
CEO of Aionda GmbH

Saxtus

Post by Saxtus » 17 Feb 2017, 15:33

Haven't tried to send anything yet. I was merely checking to see the reputation of the MX server I've put on my domain, so when the time comes to reply to someone, I will be sure that my email will reach him without a problem. As some of the people I mail to, use SpamAssassin (that checks for SORBS), I thought it would be nice to mention it here, just in case something can be done.

I understand the problem. If you can log into SORBS through the blocked IP, you can easily unblock it. We usually use command line lynx browser through the blocked server, to access SORBS and delist. It's a PITA but it's doable if you have access and time to do it.

Thanks again for the great service!